Press Reports versus Fulham

BillyMC

Im not one to whinge about the newspaper reports of Citys games, but here goes. The the reports on the Fulham match suggest to me that half the jourmos didnt see the game live. I read the Times yesterday and the Telegraph today and I must have seen a totally different game. Their own stats suggested City dominated over 90 minutes, yet the write ups suggests we got out of jail and were lucky to win. The coverage of the penalty incident is also bizarre. Not even a discussion that it may have been a poor decision. No one has won at Fulham since March I believe, so not an easy place to pick up three points, but the second half we totally dominated the entire 45 minutes, patiently waiting for the chance to win it. A superb away performance in my book. Very lazy journalism from papers youd expect more accurate reporting from.

Billy, no one else has replied to your post and I felt sorry for you so I have, replied that is. Yes.

Blue Mist said:
Billy, no one else has replied to your post and I felt sorry for you so I have, replied that is. Yes.
i never buy a newspaper,in this day an age there is no need to,i read the web but dont take a lot of notice unless it paints us in a good light,there has been too much bad press for no reason,so its water off a ducks back.

it was the same on MOTD lets not talk about the pen the ref has had a bad time this week WHAT THE FUCK

if so why did the FA not take him out and give him a rest
he was past fit to ref the game and if he got it wrong they should say so

by the way he got it so wrong it was not even a foul outside the box
but i can not say a bad word about our mark after 1999 play off final

We certainly didn't dominate the entire 90 minutes , as their stats suggested .... in fact , for the first half an hour we struggled , Kompany was struggling , we conceded a soft penalty , and we couldn't really get going

then 10/15 minutes before half time we came into the game , passed the ball better , scored the equaliser , and could easily have nicked a second goal

in the second half , yes , i would say we were definetely the better side , and i can only really recall Fulham threatening our goal once , maybe twice.

In my view it was a win we merited.

Last season there wasn't even one begrudging credit until we had won the title. Some of the football we played last season was as good as anyone has served up in winning the title since the PL began.

This season the reporting is mixed to say the least. There are those like Hansen who will sooner choke himself to death than come out with a glowing testament to quality football which is the equal or surpasses the stuff his beloved Dippers served up when he played, the overt Rag journos and media luvvies who try to pen a tale of impending collapse a fortnight before a difficult half chance is rasped onto the bar and a handful of professionals scribes who simply get on recognising we are a match for anyone in the league and give us a measure of credit.

black mamba said:
We certainly didn't dominate the entire 90 minutes , as their stats suggested .... in fact , for the first half an hour we struggled , Kompany was struggling , we conceded a soft penalty , and we couldn't really get going

then 10/15 minutes before half time we came into the game , passed the ball better , scored the equaliser , and could easily have nicked a second goal

in the second half , yes , i would say we were definetely the better side , and i can only really recall Fulham threatening our goal once , maybe twice.

In my view it was a win we merited.

Pretty accurate and fair summary that. Not a great read, but accurate and fair ;)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.