Preston (A) | Pre-Match Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 81382
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
That is ridiculous and devalues the cup when the lower league team rotates. How about giving their all against one of the best teams in Europe? Not to mention on one of the biggest nights for their fans in years. If this happens I hope we beat the 9-0 against Burton and have the media crying it isn't fair again.

It's happening. They play Bristol City at the weekend and Bristol City don't have a midweek game this week. Manager doesn't want his best players knackerd for the weekend by chasing City players all night

Hearing Preston going to make plenty of changes for tonight,concentrating on the league,main players not playing

Can you really blame them? They could go full strength and still lose by a few goals to our rotated line up.

Alright, PNE fan here, just being nosey.

I very much doubt we will play a weakened team, maybe rotate the keeper and rest a couple who have recently returned from injury but i'd be amazed if we make 'plenty' of changes. We have a young squad, sending them out to get a roasting against Man City wouldn't be too clever.

As for pubs. You have two right outside the station and if you walk down the high street for 5 minutes you've got Hogarths (very cheap), Fishers, Bull & Royal, Twelve Tellers (a massive Wetherspoons), Yates', Wings & Beer plus a few more pubs. Not sure if many of the bars will be open pre-match. There's also the Blue bell a Sam Smith's pub further down.

For ale drinkers, try the Otter's Pocket, the Black Horse (best pub in Preston imo), Guild Ale House, Orchard, Market Tavern & Plugs & Taps.

You've also got Friargate end which is more studenty, Black Bull, Dog & Partirdge, Northern Way, Roper Hall & Adelphi are all decent boozers. Ballers is stupidly cheap. 20 minutes walk or a 5 minute taxi from the centre.

Closer to the ground you've got the Moorbrook, Moor Park & Princess Alice. 10 minute walk.

Avoid Meadow Street, its only 5 minutes from Deepdale and has two pubs which are rough as arseholes, don't think they let away fans in. A kick off wouldn't be unlikely.

Last edited:
Hearing Preston going to make plenty of changes for tonight,concentrating on the league,main players not playing

Norwich weren't playing with their full strength XI and look how that turned out. Their fringe players could take this as their opportunity to impress and a side that is full of energy and desire can give us a good game if we're not at the races. Fortunately Pep knows this and hopefully with the experience of Norwich fresh in the memory the players do too.

Perhaps it's time this cup and the fa cup was scrapped or merged or something. When you have lower league teams resting players you know the game is up. The premier league teams don't play full strength teams unless they are drawn against one another or in the later rounds. Not sure what the answer is. Years ago a lower league team drew a top club the place would be packed to the rafters and the town talking about it for weeks prior. This only happens in the fa cup now if a non league team draws one of the big boys.

Perhaps it's time this cup and the fa cup was scrapped or merged or something. When you have lower league teams resting players you know the game is up. The premier league teams don't play full strength teams unless they are drawn against one another or in the later rounds. Not sure what the answer is. Years ago a lower league team drew a top club the place would be packed to the rafters and the town talking about it for weeks prior. This only happens in the fa cup now if a non league team draws one of the big boys.
Make the prize money for each round of the FA cup much bigger and let the winner and runner up take the 1st and 2nd qualification spots in the Europa League instead of 5th and 6th in the prem and do away with the League Cup.

Last edited:
I want the League Cup scrapped and play a shorter format, 5 a side tournament instead. Like Twenty20 but football’s version. I’m obviously not deadly serious, I know it could never happen. But imagine watching KDB, Aguero etc in 5 a side. Ederson would score every game. The League Cup is absolutely dead. It’s a joke competition, so I want something exciting in its place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.