Preston (A) | Pre-Match Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 81382
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Pep doesn't do weak Carabao cup teams, last season we were all expecting several changes for the early rounds, but he went very strong. I'd expect something like: Bravo, Cancelo, Zinchenko, Garcia, Otamendi, Gundogan, Foden, B.Silva, Sterling, Mahrez, Jesus.

Subs: Ederson, Walker, Fernandinho, Rodri, D.Silva, De Bruyne, Aguero.
Yeah I feel the same, exactly.

Pep doesn't do weak Carabao cup teams, last season we were all expecting several changes for the early rounds, but he went very strong. I'd expect something like: Bravo, Cancelo, Zinchenko, Garcia, Otamendi, Gundogan, Foden, B.Silva, Sterling, Mahrez, Jesus.

Why leave on the bench both Mendy and Angelino when they need more minutes? Zinch may play in midfield next to Foden or Gundo. No way all of Sterling, Bernardo and Mahrez start. Mahrez played 90 minutes in the previous 2 games.

Last edited:
Pep Always seems to field strong teams for the EPL, bit all the same, I'd like to see:
Foden
Garcia /Harwood-Bellis (realise both are unlikely)
Zinchenko in midfield
Mendy
Cancelo

Bravo
Cancelo
Otamendi
Garcia
Angelino
Gundogan
Zinchenko
Foden
Mahrez
Sterling
Jesus

That's strong enough for a comfortable win

That’s because even when we go deep into our squad we haven’t got weak players.

Our second XI would challenge for fourth in the league. So we can rotate the whole team and people will think “wow, Pep’s gone strong here” and you even get people saying “Pep should have rested them more in the early rounds of the cups” when they’re panicking about not winning the league when it comes to the title run-in.

As usual Pep will confound us with his team selection but I don't think he will risk either Otto or Fern.
Bravo, Foden, Mendy and Cancelo are probably certs but after that who knows?

As usual Pep will confound us with his team selection but I don't think he will risk either Otto or Fern.
Bravo, Foden, Mendy and Cancelo are probably certs but after that who knows?

Think Jesus and Gundo are certs too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.