Pride in Battle - little (or big) moments of pride

acton28.blog

Team supported
CITY/Aberystwyth Town
Last night was a big moment of pride. We're still in it, 90-120mins (and maybe pens) away from a dream final. Anything is possible. I remember well 2011's semi and City reaching Wembley for the first proper top level final of my lifetime. The title win, the strength to battle from behind several times over. I take pride in our great owners, yeah, they can't please everyone BUT they aren't ignoring us and they aren't ignoring our supporters' clubs.

http://forums.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/t...arth-move-against-the-flow-of-traffic.318210/

Today, I read about the returning of a sentimental scarf to a fan.

What moments of pride have you experienced over the years you have been watching City?

The sight of the Manchester coat of arms on the cup final 2011 jacket got me.
The sight of Umbro's spray-painted grafitti style adverts on the way through Ancoats.
Maine Road's final day celebrations.
Fans like Eddy who pushes the Let's Not Forget Past Blues. Their Mary D's plaque.
The passion of fans backing BBC Manchester's radio coverage.
My list is endless, season by season, I could fill books.
The humour.

Every time I hear something negative about CITY, I just smile because there are a plethora of great things. Forget the science and market research questions from City Voice and so on. This one is from my sky blue heart to you, my fellow fans.

What moments of pride have you experienced over the years you have been watching City?

The scenes in Manchester when we came back with the FA Cup were unbelievable.
Old men, office workers, kids on bikes, families, nutters, winos and judges all came out onto the streets to celebrate and congratulate in equal measures.
They were hanging out of penthouses, offices and knocking shops to cheer on the bus. Scaffolding, traffic lights and bus stops (who can forget the 5 kids doing the Poznan) all became places of worship for the Blue hordes. Every pub was rammed by 12 and albert square was full three hours before the trophy was due to be drank from.
Hundreds of thousands of Blues had an outpouring of emotion that day and the vibe will stay with me forever.

Odd as it may seem I would pick the Liverpool game after Machin got sacked.

The dippers beat us 1-4 at Maine Road but the lads really gave it their all.

It was the last time that team played together before Kendall turned us into the Goodison Old Boys club.

The 50th Anniversary of the Munich air disaster at the swamp.
All the cameras were on us and much was made of what we would do. And we showed the world what we were all about. Add to that Benjani's winner, all in all a proud day.

City building a football pitch on top of an apartment block in Harlem New York. Done so that the kids living their don't have to walk across 4 Maine ;-) roads to their local park so keeping them safe from traffic. Then putting up a 12 feet wire fence round the sides so the ball won't keep going over. Brilliant. Well done City.
I also remember reading when City had big money problems in the eighties they increased their academy financial commitment to over a million (might have even been 2 million) every season. They believed in youth and i loved them for that.

The 2-3 defeat to the RAGs when Kompany was sent off, is up there, that 2nd half spirit shown what we were made of. We missed out that day, but that fight and belief by the fans and team that day, did something. It didn't go.

CITC is a massive piece of pride. Everything they do is gold.

The support for the Sierra Leone Blues from the off has been wonderful.

A free scarf, banana, banner, flag here and there certainly sweetens the day.

The BIG MAL display was beautiful too.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.