Priti Vacant has a plan, a deal with migrants plan.

We have never, ever had open borders. It's a figment of the imagination.

Even if we were within Schengen, which we never have been, there are strict controls in place as to who can enter. As a lot of Brits are going to find out, the next time they go to the EU on holiday, and find they have to have their fingerprints taken and God knows what else.

The problem is a grossly incompetent government, which is absolutely fucking shit at actually doing anything, but extremely good at passing on the blame to a range of others, aided by our poisonous press - e.g. The Daily Mail. People get wound up because they take these lies and diversionary tactics on board.
Of course we have had open borders. (Posted in 2021:)

It depends what you mean. If you mean there was never a time when Britain didn't have any restrictions on immigration, there was such a time. Most of history in fact.

Whether that's realistic now is another question - and if you do restrict immigration who decides who comes in? It is of course the one area where capitalist governments tend to think that letting the market decide doesn't apply. ...

I'll make my usual point that from the arrival of the Flemish weavers this area has done ok from work provided by immigrants who came without restriction. Engels (his dad), Renold chains, Beyer Peacock, Ferranti, ICI, Clayton Aniline.... bloody European immigrants coming here and employing thousands.

It was the arrival of pauper Jews from eastern Europe that prompted restrictions on immigration.

The Royal Commission on Alien Immigration (1902) said it was immigrants (with their industry and ideas) who made Britain "The Workshop of the World", and most of those were "economic migrants" = people who saw a chance to make money in Britain and ended up making money for Britain. Then the pauper Jews came...

The polar opposite of the Christmas spirit and a complete disrespect of Christianity

bluethrunthru

It’s appalling isn’t it!

Love this response from Lib Dems home affairs spokesman Alistair Carmichael who has said:

"This is the Christmas card of someone who read the nativity story and thought King Herod had the right idea.

"If Priti Patel had been around, Mary, Joseph and Jesus would have been on their way to Rwanda before the three wise men could arrive."

I had a mate who, years ago, got so angry at his neighbour spouting shit and behaving unreasonably finally resorted to a form of dirty protest. He snapped and crept round to his neighbours front porch and shat in the woolly slippers the neighbour left in his porch to do his bins etc. I’m not advocating violent protest but sooner or later one of the governmental bullies is going to face a very angry person.

bluethrunthru

It’s appalling isn’t it!

Love this response from Lib Dems home affairs spokesman Alistair Carmichael who has said:

"This is the Christmas card of someone who read the nativity story and thought King Herod had the right idea.

"If Priti Patel had been around, Mary, Joseph and Jesus would have been on their way to Rwanda before the three wise men could arrive."

I had a mate who, years ago, got so angry at his neighbour spouting shit and behaving unreasonably finally resorted to a form of dirty protest. He snapped and crept round to his neighbours front porch and shat in the woolly slippers the neighbour left in his porch to do his bins etc. I’m not advocating violent protest but sooner or later one of the governmental bullies is going to face a very angry person.

my thought was - she is Hindu. Imagine her indignation if someone hijacked and disrespected Diwali?

The polar opposite of the Christmas spirit and a complete disrespect of Christianity

The sort of woman who would ask grieving parents for graphic details of how their child died and then rub herself off whilst they cried.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.