Private education - should it be banned? Discuss.

allblackcitizen

https://www.theguardian.com/educati...d-kynaston-francis-green-engines-of-privilege

Long, but interesting piece from the Guardian a few weeks ago.

Imo, yes.

And certainly a good start would be private schools losing their charitable, and therefore tax exempt, status. I live in the shadow of Brighton College, actually owned by ADUG, and for the past 18 months they have been building a massive new sports hall to great inconvenience to the local community. An acquaintance was taken on a tour of the building site and asked if the new sports hall would be made available to the local community, at which the tour guide just laughed. When asked about the charitable aspects of the school the guide just said that the students do an annual litter pick which covers their charitable requirements. Whilst my kids' secondary school has 1 broken down old minibus to take them to external sports matches and trips, Brighton College has a fleet of about 20 mostly lying idle for much of the time. The arrogance of this school, and all private educational establishments as far as I can see (and those that attend them), fucks me off almost beyond all else.

As long as the current situation in education is allowed to continue then nothing substantive will ever change in this country, and it needs to.

I don't think they should, but I definitely think that universities should be picking people who went to a state school over people who went to a private school if they have the same grades. If you got all As from the state system, then chances are you're naturally more gifted than someone who got all As after a decade of £20k a year private tuition.

I don't think they should, but I definitely think that universities should be picking people who went to a state school over people who went to a private school if they have the same grades. If you got all As from the state system, then chances are you're naturally more gifted than someone who got all As after a decade of £20k a year private tuition.
Don't forget all those free minibus rides as well.......pampered little scrotes!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.