Private reg plates

I have never understood why the police dont nick them for incorrect spacing. It's a 1k fine so easy money yet the police turn a blind eye to them. it's ok to have a pvt plate my mate has his some like G54 GRS , which is fine if you like that stuff, but the ones were the spacing has been moved ( like D4RTH ) should be nicked because for it to be legal it should be D4 RTH.

Perhaps I am just a miserable old git lol

I'm not keen on the whole hypocrisy of it all.
We have the government dept DVLA selling "Premium" plates, and making a profit.
They advertise them hinting the interpretation of the lettering/numbers.
Yes, they do keep the spacing on the adverts, but they know what they are doing.
Then you have the plod pulling you when actually use them as as intended.

The thing is, what is the problem with spacing them differently?
As long as the spacing (or lack of) doesn't go beyond certain current limits, what's the problem?

The main thing is, can the reg be clearly read.
Pulling somebody for adding "convenient" securing screws and fancy fonts would be understandable.

They are not for me, but each to their own i suppose.

Sadly these are the one's the police nail ! Probably because they are rag TW*TS !
I believe DVLA has a policy of three strikes and out and take back numbers they have sold following 3 reports. The driver of C17Y?? says this can be avoided if you transfer the plate to your wife, thus breaking the privity of contract with DVLA.
Perhaps the owner will confirm that. ;)

There's a car round near us that has NM1 on it. I believe its the guy who had Carcraft when that was going. Apparently, so the story goes, he got into a bidding war with someone for it when it went up for auction. Obviously he won and it turned out later that the person he'd outbid was Nigel Mansell. Not sure if its actually true or not!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.