Private reg plates

a little like the privacy glass laws, lower strength only permited on front sides and windscreen, the rear and tailgate can be darker, now the police will tell you it impedes your view, but its ok for it to impede your reversing and how about sunglasses, im sure its just a law to assist the police on who is driving the vehicle
I'm not really sure about that.
Sunglasses can be taken off on cloudy days and at night. How do you do that for tinted (front) side windows?
When reversing, you are taught to use your wing mirrors. These are impeded with tinted front side windows.
I drive a van. It has no rear side windows or drivers rearview mirror. So tinting rear and back windows wouldn't affect safe driving in a car .
I'm not sure what people get from wanting heavily tinted windows in the first place in this country.
In sunnier climes, it is almost essential. Here i just think it is for style and image reasons.

a little like the privacy glass laws, lower strength only permited on front sides and windscreen, the rear and tailgate can be darker, now the police will tell you it impedes your view, but its ok for it to impede your reversing and how about sunglasses, im sure its just a law to assist the police on who is driving the vehicle

That's the reason they give over here.

I'm not really sure about that.
Sunglasses can be taken off on cloudy days and at night. How do you do that for tinted (front) side windows?
When reversing, you are taught to use your wing mirrors. These are impeded with tinted front side windows.
I drive a van. It has no rear side windows or drivers rearview mirror. So tinting rear and back windows wouldn't affect safe driving in a car .
I'm not sure what people get from wanting heavily tinted windows in the first place in this country.
In sunnier climes, it is almost essential. Here i just think it is for style and image reasons.
good set of points you make there,,funny once when a mate got stopped for heavy tints in the front the copper started to rip it off got about 10% off and said now you finnish it off and sent him packing

I've got 2 City related plates,i could afford them and they're just a bit of fun.
Exactly, I came across mine for a personal reason that involved a fella on here who I had great affection for and who sadly passed away. I didn't buy them to be flash, it was for the memories.

They don't hurt anyone and I will keep mine forever.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.