Probate - Executor of Will

I have been an executor for my mum and dad. One estate was above the inheritance tax threshold and one below. I found the actual admin involved in both cases relatively straightforward.

The nightmare was the relatives. Money really brings out the worst in people.

One of the executors & trustees (alongside myself) was the main solicitor (who's firm it is and was a life long friend of my mothers).
I wasn't around when this was drawn up back in 2018 (as in I lived a long way from my childhood home, and was also in the midst of an awful few years personally).

It's probably a mix of stress and emotions colliding with other things going on atm (and my cousin casting doubt upon this - and not without reason btw).

It's not like I've been booted out the will, I'm just very curious as to what was left in this new draft and the timing of a of the will being drawn up ni 2018 when my mother first began showing signs of dementia.

Might just be the right thing to do and pay off as it stands with that 25% mention actually meaning 50% each (of what was left of their half of the will) and move on. My sleeps awful enough as it is.
Just distribute the estate as written in the will then walk away.
Your health isn’t worth the hassle.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.