Problem with 'new' fans

Very good post. During the days of Stuart Pearce attendances used to be low at Eastlands, and I found with alot of people choosing to stay away, was because it felt like they weren't getting value for money. Alot of people aren't going to pay the expensive ticket prices to go and watch a team that plays some of the most dour, awful football on a cold, rainy November, particularly if the match is on TV. That doesn't make them "plastics" or "gloryhunters" if they choose to go now rather than then.

It just seems a tad hypocritical don't you think? For years one of the things we have rightly blasted the rags about is that the majority of their fans are plastic glory hunters. Every other rag you meet has never even seen Manchester.

Now we seem to be going places and plastic fans are OK? Sorry but that's bullshit!

As long as the Club dont price us out of going like the Rags have done with their Fans then i couldnt care less.

Apparently, we have a few fans in Stockport so until we get rid of them, anyone can attach themselves to the club. I do, however, maintain that your local club comes first.

No matter what we will always have the core life long City fans. Hopefully the club wont price us out.

But with success comes people who follow success, I for one don't mind this as long as they show a little passion when at the games. If they plan on sitting there reading a book or on the phone (how do these people get a signal in the ground???!!) during the match then they can fuck off.

Personally I don't care if you have supported City for 1 week or 25 years as long as when the team walks on the pitch you get behind them.

nashark said:
Apparently, we have a few fans in Stockport so until we get rid of them, anyone can attach themselves to the club. I do, however, maintain that your local club comes first.

Does local mean as where you born or where you live because i cant be bothered paying to watch Crystal Palace lose every week

A very welcome post as it seeks to address the defensive minority who are delighted by our progress but seemingly adverse to any consequent increase in fan-base due to it.
Like the vast majority of City fans I'm delighted by the steady increase in supporter numbers and I look forward to the inevitable development to increase supporter capacity at the CoMS. . . We're presently have the 3rd best average crowd in the Prem at circa 46,000 average but I'll be pleased to see improvement on that front as and when the Sheik expands the stadium.

With due respect to the vocal 'traditionalists' I don't think that they're against new fans per se, more the case that they've come across rag fans who rant on about how good the shite are yet don't even know who their team are going to play next week (or who they played last week). . Well I'm put off by that too but I honestly don't believe that we'll ever attract fashion fans like that because City has always been about support in the face of adversity and that runs deep in our fan-base. . it's that ridiculously wonderful support that never dies away and it's that combined with our ongoing success that will bring in new blues to the fold - unlike at the swamp where their supporter numbers are in steep decline.
As example; the f#ckers can't even sell their season tickets anymore - want one and you can have as many as you like, even this late in the season. Added evidence is the way that the shite are selling block bookings at massively discounted prices to tour companies - hence, coach loads of jap tourists being used in an attempt to cover up the gaps in their crowd.

The futures bright / the futures blue and all new fans are welcome as far as I'm concerned. . . provided that they pay at least a passing interest in the football!

nashark said:

hey! I now live in stockport, but born in ardwick,so your saying I should support county now?

nashark said:

I now live in Warrington, got to say that the standard of Warrington Town is fairly poor...

i think a lot of it is because existing fans have been through thin and thin to support city whereas the 'new' fans are clearly jumping on board for the 'good' times to come ...and will no doubt find another team to support when we are 'shit' and no longer 'the shit'.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.