Projector Streaming

The Colonel

Looking for some techi help.

im setting up a projector in a converted garage and was wondering about the best and most efficient way of setting this up to watch football and films essentially. We have a tv in the house with a sky box but it seems clunky to have to run a Long HDMI cable between the two. Would a streaming stick be best In the room and if so what to go for.

cheers

Looking for some techi help.

im setting up a projector in a converted garage and was wondering about the best and most efficient way of setting this up to watch football and films essentially. We have a tv in the house with a sky box but it seems clunky to have to run a Long HDMI cable between the two. Would a streaming stick be best In the room and if so what to go for.

cheers
Just thinking of doing something similar. Of what I have seen so far you can buy projectors that you can cast to directly. You would be able to use Sky Go* for your needs if you are subscribing to them.

EDIT: *via your mobile/laptop. I'm guessing a chromecast dongle would be fine if it isn't built-in.

Last edited:
Just thinking of doing something similar. Of what I have seen so far you can buy projectors that you can cast to directly. You would be able to use Sky Go* for your needs if you are subscribing to them.

EDIT: *via your mobile/laptop. I'm guessing a chromecast dongle would be fine if it isn't built-in.

Sounds like just the ticket,and I could wirelessly connect to an iPad with SkyGo. Thanks

Sounds like just the ticket,and I could wirelessly connect to an iPad with SkyGo. Thanks
That one was just the first one that came up, so can't warrant its quality, and there are a few cheaper ones on Amazon (as low as £90 WITH a screen thrown in) - but I'm no expert. Sound is important, as is the ability to mount on a ceiling for me. Richer Sounds have some that start around £400 so I'm assuming those that are a lot cheaper on Amazon are lower quality.

Update. I have been told by Richer Sounds that Sky block sending out the SkyGo picture from a device?

You could get sky Q and a mini Q Box? the box just needs to be plugged in and in range of the wifi in your home. Personal experience is that the Q box can be a bit iffy if your signal strenght isn't great.

Get a Smart Projector like someone has already suggested, failing that if you want to go down a cheaper route you can look for a projector and get an android box to go with it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.