Protein, Diets etc

samy

Any one got any tips as regards to protein for mucles defintion i been taking whey protein and I have found its making me more hungrey and I have packed the pounds on any one got any good diet palkns or advice ?

i think i want to put some weight on, how do you go about that, besides just eating more obviously. you said you used whey protein, is that good?
i've always been quite lightweight, but fit at the same time. i just want a bit more timber on my frame.

LongLang said:
i think i want to put some weight on, how do you go about that, besides just eating more obviously. you said you used whey protein, is that good?
i've always been quite lightweight, but fit at the same time. i just want a bit more timber on my frame.

Im quiet heavy anyway im 14.5 stone but not a fat **** i do alot of activities the Whey protein for me as just bulked me right up put on a good half a ston in 3 week with it mate !

You need to take a constant intake of protein throughout the day, every 2-3 hours is recommended. I mix whey protein with oats, to make it more of a filling meal, but don't make the mistake of thinking its the be all, end all. Its just a way of getting a quick intake of protein into the body efficiently, no better than eating meat, fish, or beans. To build muscle you can't just have a protein shake at the end of your workout, and think thats it, you need more. Some people make the mistake of thinking these protein shakes, are like Popeye and spinach, I blame the advertisers.

Unknown_Genius said:
You need to take a constant intake of protein throughout the day, every 2-3 hours is recommended. I mix whey protein with oats, to make it more of a filling meal, but don't make the mistake of thinking its the be all, end all. Its just a way of getting a quick intake of protein into the body efficiently, no better than eating meat, fish, or beans. To build muscle you can't just have a protein shake at the end of your workout, and think thats it, you need more. Some people make the mistake of thinking these protein shakes, are like Popeye and spinach, I blame the advertisers.

End of Thread.

Can't beat Fish.

Whats the deal with Creatine Phosphate - does that work, and more importantly, is it safe?
I've heard a few horror stories about it giving you a temper and man boobs.

If your after solving the hunger problem perhaps try adding oats, bananas or maybe use milk instead of water to mix it with.

Whey protein shakes aren't really a meal substitute but more a chance to put additional protein in your diet, if you want your body to be more of a protein digesting machine perhaps try a protein smoothie for breakfast using oats and a banana, with oats being a slow release of energy.

Depending on how exerting your gym sessions are, try taking a whey shake an hour before your workout and then as soon as you've finished your routine(preferably 20 mins)

Other suggestions of protein intake whilst avoiding hunger are eating nuts and dried fruit or slicing up an apple and having some peanut butter on them. If it's hunger in the evening perhaps try some low-fat cottage cheese before bed since it has cassein (SP) in which is slow releasing and great for when your asleep.

Most importantly though is don't cheat by skipping a meal through having a shake. DRINK LOADS OF WATER too

I'm not an expert just mainly trying to give you tips from things i've done and still use which has helped me put on muscle whilst staying fit and athletic and avoided the hunger issue.

you mean definition as in looking "ripped"?

if thats the case i really wouldn't bother with supplements, the truth is the only way you will have defined muscles is by lowering your bmi. If you work out a fair amount your muscles would be defined anyway, get your bmi right down and you will be more defined.

though i will say this isn't very healthy. all the body builders, athletes and even actors and models that look that really ripped only do so for a period of time not consistently.

obviously you can get close to that but it is again about losing as body fat.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.