Protest next Sunday or boycott?

Attempted to get a refund this morning, but was told it wasn't possible. I asked to escalate my request, and awaiting a call back from someone called Emma, but was told it probably wouldn't be today. Not holding my breath.

I've followed City home, away and Europe for 30 years, built up almost 26,000 loyalty points doing so, and had booked my ticked on the 1st day of sale. I was really looking forward to this after such an awful year, even with all the hoops we had to jump through, but this was absolutely the last straw for me.

As for the refusing a refund, that absolutely epitomises what the club has become. This spend represents a huge chunk of my monthly disposable income, and the refund amount would be peanuts to the club. Not just the money... they'd rather have an empty seat than give somebody else a chance to go. Disgraceful.

Must add... that to be fair, Victoria who took my call was polite and professional, and absolutely none of this is the fault of those at a lower level who are just doing their job... I guess they've had a truly awful year, and horrendous week too!
THIS MIGHT HELP
https://mediacdn.mancity.com/cf/med...D496C6PL*MTYxODkwOTYyOS4zLjEuMTYxODkwOTc1MC4y

2.2 General Cancellation Rights. Should the Purchaser wish to (i) cancel or (ii) offer on the MCFC Ticket Exchange one or more Ticket purchases it can do so in accordance with this clause subject to clause 2.5 provided that: a. a written request to cancel the Ticket(s) is submitted to the Club at least 7 days before the date of the Match (21 days’ notice required for Tickets that have been purchased as part of a large group booking (meaning bookings of 10 or more Tickets)) (using the Club contact details outlined in clause 8); b. the relevant original Ticket(s) (if already issued) is voided by the Club; and c. if the Ticket is purchased as part of a group of two or more tickets, all Tickets made as part of the same purchase are also cancelled at the same time.

2.5 A refund pursuant to clauses 2.2 - 2.4 will only be issued on the (i) cancellation of the original Ticket within the timeframe specified (where such Ticket has already been issued) and (ii) satisfactory identification that the individual requesting the refund is the Purchaser. The final decision shall at all times belong to the Club.

You might get some joy from the Bank of the card you used especially a credit card

I'm not sure if I should cancel my direct debit. They won't let me cancel until its up for renewal or some shite.
Was close to giving it up anyway due to finances but this and VAR have sealed it for me.

The pandemic was the perfect chance for clubs to trial football with no fans. They don't need fans in stadiums, we can be replaced, just as the broadcasters have done with their fake crowd noise.

In terms of a protest. If would have more impact if fans unfollowed these clubs on social media and unsubscribed to any subscription service, tv/website or streaming channel that will broadcast these games. They care more about followers and hits than loyal season ticket holders. And the amount of followers dictates how much they can get from sponsorship deals. Let's hit them in the pockets. Then they might take notice.

The pandemic was the perfect chance for clubs to trial football with no fans. They don't need fans in stadiums, we can be replaced, just as the broadcasters have done with their fake crowd noise.

In terms of a protest. If would have more impact if fans unfollowed these clubs on social media and unsubscribed to any subscription service, tv/website or streaming channel that will broadcast these games. They care more about followers and hits than loyal season ticket holders. And the amount of followers dictates how much they can get from sponsorship deals. Let's hit them in the pockets. Then they might take notice.
Yep, unfollowed City on each platform on yesterday. Doing it individually won't make much of a dint but if there was a collective approach it would make a difference

Protests by City fans may well be effective - I think our owners are sensitive to what other people think (the outrage being levelled at them will be hurting) and its not inconceivable that they'd back down. whereas the Rags and the Dippers owners couldn't give a shit - and certainly in Fenway Sports case they have a history of fucking people over.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.