Protest?

VAR will surely get thrown out at the end of the season, but I think football fans should make their feelings known.

It would be good if the Football Supporters Federation, or a movement across football would speak up. At the moment it feels a little bit like a City v Liverpool thing because of the negative impact VAR has had on City's games, but I am sure the feeling goes way beyond City.

As long as it is all fans together then fine we just dont want to look like them wingeing Fxxxxxs from klanfield.

I didn't see any cheating and corruption this weekend. That's going a bit far in my opinion.

I do really dislike VAR though and even when it gets a decision right e.g.,Sheff Utd it still destroys a moment. Palace's disallowed goal was the correct decision. The Sterling disallowed goal was highly questionable because I don't think VAR can be precise enough to make such calls. WHat are the officials supposed to do in such a situation? I can see why they disallowed Sterling's goal, even though I think that it is ridiculous to do so.

VAR has to go because it damages the game and the experience for fans, but it's no more biased than the system we had before....it is after all used by the same people.
Sorry Marv but i couldn't disagree more. You say say you didn't see any cheating or corruption but in your first line highlight cheating and corruption. Fouls like the palace one happen every single game and i can't remember one ever being used before to disallow a goal via VAR. Just because it was the correct decision (and i don't think it was) doesn't mean its not being used to manipulate and manufacture an outcome. If they suddenly start disallowing goals every time there is that kind of incident, then ill accept it, but we all know it wont.

Absolutely no way should we do some sort of protest like that. We would just look like nobs - it's exactly the kind of thing Liverpool fans would do and the reason other fans hate them.

If it is co-ordinated across the leahue then maybe but on our own - no way.

I like the tennis ball route myself. Even the rags would be on board with doing it with us at the Derby I’d imagine. The higher profile of the clubs that do it, the more it’ll be talked about.

bet your bottom dollar if we did it against Sheff Utd or Leicester the fans would be crucified on MOTD and Sky etc. But if it’s done on derby day with them joining in it’ll be sung to a different tune.

The club would be deducted points & fined so much that we’d fail FFP

As long as it is all fans together then fine we just dont want to look like them wingeing Fxxxxxs from klanfield.
I think that's the big problem, though. We've possibly been on the end of most ridiculous decisions maybe because of our style of play (more possession = more attacking phases), so I don't think we'll get much sympathy being one of the top teams. Even if most fans of other teams agree with us that the system is anti-football I doubt they'll feel much emotional connection with us because of how successful we've been in the last few years.

It's a difficult one. It may be best to hope that the tide is turning with the obvious hate of VAR coming from respected pundits and ex-players, although I'm struggling to find an ex-dipper pro say anything negative yet.

protest you say ?? at the grounds you say ?? in the grounds you say ??

its so clear and obvious your barking up the wrong tree matey and nobody will listen because it only aimed at one club and we are bitter with conspiracy theories. just like in europe when we boo the uefa anthem rings out ?? why boo ask people. why are you booing. and does it change anything NOPE

I don't believe there's corruption, I'm not ruling it out completely but I think what we're currently seeing is one side being given the benefit of the doubt a lot more often than others.

They really have become the new United.

Fair enough highlight and complain about decisions, protest VAR because it's ruining the atmosphere at games, curse our luck but crying corruption just makes us look like spoiled brats to most neutral observers and any sort of protest will make us a laughing stock.

Planes flying over all home grounds on Amazon weekend with a banner saying ‘fuck VAR’? Fans can join in the protest by singing ‘fuck VAR’ when they see the plane.

I didn't see any cheating and corruption this weekend. That's going a bit far in my opinion.

I do really dislike VAR though and even when it gets a decision right e.g.,Sheff Utd it still destroys a moment. Palace's disallowed goal was the correct decision. The Sterling disallowed goal was highly questionable because I don't think VAR can be precise enough to make such calls. WHat are the officials supposed to do in such a situation? I can see why they disallowed Sterling's goal, even though I think that it is ridiculous to do so.

VAR has to go because it damages the game and the experience for fans, but it's no more biased than the system we had before....it is after all used by the same people.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.