Protest?

Will we eventually see the day when the authorities can retrospectively change a result the day after a game? Wouldn’t surprise me in the slightest with these corrupt fuckers

I wouldn’t say clattered. He leant on him.

Dick van dyke
All VAR needs is some common sense applied..

If a striker is level with a defender then he is on side.

this has always been the case prior to this season,and these stupid officials disallowing goals for Armpits/Fingers etc being Off side

Admittedly not the only problem.

Also who ever is doing the VAR adjudicating applies their own criteria.We have seen inconsistencies every week.The longer this is happening, the more it appears to be deliberate.

No such thing as level - look at horse racing results for level (spoiler alert - there's a couple out of hundreds of thousands of races).

There are several sources of bias in a system. In the case of refereeing, it's the officials. I don't see how you can argue that the outcome is not biased against City when we have seen the results over several months, however these are the same officials who routinely made the calls in the old system so all that's happened is that the bias is now being highlighted. It's always been there. Penalties and offside calls at Anfield and Old Trafford have always been an issue, so for me the issue with VAR is not that it's unequal but that it stops and interrupts the game. And when it stops and interrupts the game, and still produces controversial results, there really is no point.

I also think the referee's self-assessment is a joke. They produce all these stats regarding the quality of the decisions, but they are standing by a lot of decisions which are highly questionable. There are a lot of questions to be asked about this system but only football fans seem to raise them.

There are several sources of bias in a system. In the case of refereeing, it's the officials. I don't see how you can argue that the outcome is not biased against City when we have seen the results over several months, however these are the same officials who routinely made the calls in the old system so all that's happened is that the bias is now being highlighted. It's always been there. Penalties and offside calls at Anfield and Old Trafford have always been an issue, so for me the issue with VAR is not that it's unequal but that it stops and interrupts the game. And when it stops and interrupts the game, and still produces controversial results, there really is no point.

I also think the referee's self-assessment is a joke. They produce all these stats regarding the quality of the decisions, but they are standing by a lot of decisions which are highly questionable. There are a lot of questions to be asked about this system but only football fans seem to raise them.
I would replace the word “questionable” in your last paragraph with the word “wrong”. Also of course VAR is worse than before - var is a clear second opinion, with all the technology, and they STILL get it wrong. And at least it confirms what we always knew, the officials in PGMOL and UEFA are cheats

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.