Proud Dad

Roger Ringpiece said:
Exactly, he could be stacking shelves in Aldi when hes 20.
Pagie said:
I know it doesnt mean anything at all yet

You miserable bastard. Let the man be rightly proud of his son. He probably knows how tough it is to make it as a pro footballer. And what's to say the kid won't be the Prime Minister or the scientist who discovers the cure for cancer when he grows up?

mike winterwasp said:
Roger Ringpiece said:
Exactly, he could be stacking shelves in Aldi when hes 20.
Pagie said:
I know it doesnt mean anything at all yet

You miserable bastard. Let the man be rightly proud of his son. He probably knows how tough it is to make it as a pro footballer. And what's to say the kid won't be the Prime Minister or the scientist who discovers the cure for cancer when he grows up?

Here here

Enjoy it!

My son is 6 and trains at our local club and has just been placed in the b group, so I fear my dreams have been dashed!

Still he still enjoys it and looks like a mini colin bell with his long blonde hair and the fa cup winning kit, he even gets to score more now as some of the kids in his group are really bad!

Hope everything goes well for your lad.

Pagie said:
Took my little lad to his football training this morning one of the coaches works for City and pulled me at the end, wants to send him for some sort of 6 week trial, hes only 5 so I know it doesnt mean anything at all yet but so proud !!
I would of asked for id.

Pagie said:
Took my little lad to his football training this morning one of the coaches works for City and pulled me at the end, wants to send him for some sort of 6 week trial, hes only 5 so I know it doesnt mean anything at all yet but so proud !!

Your wrong and right mate, it does mean something or they wouldn't be doing it , but you have the correct attitude imho all the emphasis should be on fun at this stage, many good kids are lost in lots of sports because their parents go nuts at the very first sign of someone showing an interest, your lad has already been given a spotlight that 99% will never get but let him enjoy it, good luck.

Enjoy the experience and tell your lad to enjoy it, my lad was spotted by city at 5 got 4 weeks trial , made the cut, but 8 months down the line city decided he wasn't for them, he learnt a lot there and since then has had interest from stoke bolton united and port vale, but chose wigan, signed a 1 year contract last year and has just been given another year contract this year, he is only 9 but city taught him a lot, so good luck to your boy and I hope it works out for him blue.

Cheers everyone he did OK wouldnt say any of the kids there were totally outstanding today but all held their own. Guess they have all been picked for a reason. As long as he enjoys himself and learns Im a happy man. He just loves football.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.