Proud Dad

There is a girl at work whose 9-year old son has been picked up by city scouts and has been offered a training stint with them. She said Utd were after him as well, but of course she and her family are all blues, city was the only option. She reckons the scout told her the current batch of kids they have arn't very good, so they are on the lookout for some good kids.

OxBlue said:
Pagie said:
Thanks for all the kinds words, encouragement and advice. As a person Im generally pretty negative anyway so for me Im not expecting anything at all Im just enjoying the moment. Do I honestly believe in 15 years time my lad will be playing in the prem. Never in a million years. But just to have seen him kitted out in Citys training gear is something that will live with me forever, even more so the fact that Im a big blue and so is he. He might grow up to hate football but right now Im loving the experience and so is he. Hes moving up a year early to under 7s next year at Broadheath Central and will be playing at the JJB every other week in proper games etc.....which should be fun. As for the pic, I believe you arent allowed to take pics on the Platt Lane complex so I decided to take it down just to be on the safe side.

Hi Pagie, it's worth checking with the club that he can be moved up early to under 7's.

My lad is officially an under 4 but plays with under 5's and under 6's. But I've been told that the one year they can't be bumped up is the first proper year of junior football under 7's.
i.e. an under 7 can play in under 8's, and under 8 in the under 9's etc.. but an under 6 can't play under 7's, That first proper year is strictly enforced.

If you find out that's not the case let me know as I may of been mis-informed

Thanks mate, I did think this was the case but have been told that its been checked and confirmed that he can play in under 7s next year. He will be 6 in october so I believe he should still be in under 6s as Im guessing it runs as per the school year. WIll double check though after my hols off to Tenerife for some relaxation for two weeks on Friday !!

Just a quick update for anyone interested hes been in two months now and is doing really well, hell actually be classed as U6s at City next season and Thursday night he had his first midweek session. Hes now in Sunday mornings and Thursday evenings with City at U6 and Monday nights and Saturday mornings with his local club Broadheath Central at U7.

Its taking over my life.

Well the ride is over for now got the dreaded call today to say his final session will be Thursday night. Its been a great experience my lad is gutted he doesnt really understand whats going on so Ive told him the training is over now as the summer holidays are nearly finished. They have said they will keep tabs on him while hes playing for his club.

How are people getting their kids involved with teams at young ages? My lad is 3 soon to be 4, the local team advise they take kids at 5 for sessions on a Saturday or more developed 4 year olds. Without seeing my lad play with other kids it's hard to say where he is. I'm just keen to get him involved with football really.

OxBlue said:
Pagie said:
Thanks for all the kinds words, encouragement and advice. As a person Im generally pretty negative anyway so for me Im not expecting anything at all Im just enjoying the moment. Do I honestly believe in 15 years time my lad will be playing in the prem. Never in a million years. But just to have seen him kitted out in Citys training gear is something that will live with me forever, even more so the fact that Im a big blue and so is he. He might grow up to hate football but right now Im loving the experience and so is he. Hes moving up a year early to under 7s next year at Broadheath Central and will be playing at the JJB every other week in proper games etc.....which should be fun. As for the pic, I believe you arent allowed to take pics on the Platt Lane complex so I decided to take it down just to be on the safe side.

Hi Pagie, it's worth checking with the club that he can be moved up early to under 7's.

My lad is officially an under 4 but plays with under 5's and under 6's. But I've been told that the one year they can't be bumped up is the first proper year of junior football under 7's.
i.e. an under 7 can play in under 8's, and under 8 in the under 9's etc.. but an under 6 can't play under 7's, That first proper year is strictly enforced.

If you find out that's not the case let me know as I may of been mis-informed
my boy has been playing a year above himself since he was 5 as have others in the same team.

ChesterRdBlue said:
How are people getting their kids involved with teams at young ages? My lad is 3 soon to be 4, the local team advise they take kids at 5 for sessions on a Saturday or more developed 4 year olds. Without seeing my lad play with other kids it's hard to say where he is. I'm just keen to get him involved with football really.

Where are you based mate

same thing happened to my lad when he was 5,City kept him on for just short of 2 yrs then let him go and he was devastated (so was i),so hope the same thing doesnt happen to your lad

bluemoon27 said:
same thing happened to my lad when he was 5,City kept him on for just short of 2 yrs then let him go and he was devastated (so was i),so hope the same thing doesnt happen to your lad

It's a pretty awful feeling even more so when it's the club you both love but to be expected I guess at the end of the day he's only 5 he may hate football when he's older. I've taken the positives he's learnt a lot as have I.

Pagie said:
ChesterRdBlue said:

Where are you based mate

I'm in Urmston. I hope your lad keeps enjoying it, it must have been a real joy for you seeing him at City.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.