PS3

moomba

Got one of these off ebay the other day. Was playing it for about an hour and it just switched itself off. When I turned it back on it just shut down straight away.

Tried it the next day and it lasted about 10 minutes before switching itself off. Now it struggles to last 5 minutes.

I believe it has something to do with the cooling, any boffins know if it's repairable at this stage or just not worth the effort?

It's knackered, mine did that afew months ago so bought a new one

Don't buy stuff like that off eBay!!

It's fixable but takes a while. I fixed mine a year ago and it's still going strong. I'm not tech savvy at all, I just followed a video off YouTube on how to fix it

If its the older ps3 You've been HAD its a fault with them that can be mended but lasts around a month or 2 before breaking again! I fixed mine around 4 or 5 times before I got fed up with it!

I just had a quick scan through the manual and pretty much figured out the problem, just been on google and a few websites to try and confirm my suspcions and all signs are pointing to..its fucked.

CTID1988 said:
I just had a quick scan through the manual and pretty much figured out the problem, just been on google and a few websites to try and confirm my suspcions and all signs are pointing to..its fucked.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XdphlPr3SYs" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XdphlPr3SYs</a>

I've got the yellow light of death aswell. dunno if to try and get it fixed or see if I can wait all summer for a new ps4. if I buy a new ps3 it means buying fifa13 again as that's the game stuck in my console n that will cos near on 200 quid won't it?

pinder10 said:
I've got the yellow light of death aswell. dunno if to try and get it fixed or see if I can wait all summer for a new ps4. if I buy a new ps3 it means buying fifa13 again as that's the game stuck in my console n that will cos near on 200 quid won't it?

You can get the disc out by holding the eject button in for ten seconds, this works with the yellow light of death.

Sounds like you have been done. The previous owner has fixed the problem himself and flogged it. Cheeky cunts.

pinder10 said:

£200!!!

You can pick one up on eBay for less than that ;)

Have seem a few older model ps3s in places like cash converters etc for about 120-140! Prices will (should) start to slowly fall as ps4 gets closer!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.