PSG may want AVB

Gabriel

Telegraph reporting that PSG view AVB as the ideal replacement for Ancelotti and are prepared to pay 10 million.

Apologies if posted elsewhere.

They are welcome to him, he worries me at Spurs. Very good manager and tactically he tore us a new one when they came from behind to win 3-1. And if Spurs land the right players could be a risk in the next few seasons.

Just me who thinks he's overrated? Did well at porto but with an excellent team containing the likes of falcao, guarin and moutinho. Failed at Chelsea and for me hasn't done that great at spurs either. Spurs had a better team than arsenal this year and still once again finished behind them and played a bland style of football in the process. The amount of times they couldn't break teams down but for a special Bale moment showed he lacks ideas. Don't get me wrong he's good but nowhere near Ancelotti and the like.

grifter said:
Just me who thinks he's overrated? Did well at porto but with an excellent team containing the likes of falcao, guarin and moutinho. Failed at Chelsea and for me hasn't done that great at spurs either. Spurs had a better team than arsenal this year and still once again finished behind them and played a bland style of football in the process. The amount of times they couldn't break teams down but for a special Bale moment showed he lacks ideas. Don't get me wrong he's good but nowhere near Ancelotti and the like.

I rate him highly. He's still very young and Chelsea was the wrong move for him. It's sort of worked out because he's now got a good project at Spurs. If they give him enough to find two Strikers then they'll be there or thereabouts next season. I know a couple of Spurs fans and they're happy with him.

peoffrey said:
grifter said:

I rate him highly. He's still very young and Chelsea was the wrong move for him. It's sort of worked out because he's now got a good project at Spurs. If they give him enough to find two Strikers then they'll be there or thereabouts next season. I know a couple of Spurs fans and they're happy with him.

Absolutely.

AVB has the best statistical record of any Spurs manager since the club joined the Football League in 1908.

And this was in his very first season with the club.

So what's not to like?

Good manager, but without Bale theyd've finished about 8th.

Drastically needs to sort his clobber out to.

pg-64-avb-getty.jpg

Bluesince93 said:
They are welcome to him, he worries me at Spurs. Very good manager and tactically he tore us a new one when they came from behind to win 3-1. And if Spurs land the right players could be a risk in the next few seasons.
We should have been out of sight when he made those changes. We should have countered those changes but the players did not have the guts to dig in and reassert themselves.

Spurs got lucky that day (not that it made any difference to their league position in the end).

I rate him and think he'll come good at Spurs if given the opportunity
Bale is the superstar and without him they may struggle to turn the draws into wins (how many times did that happen last season)
However, if Bale goes and AVB is given some dosh to spend, it will become a more balanced squad
What Tottenham really lack are a couple of good quality centre forwards. Defoe doesn't score enough and Adebayor is a lazy ****

Resolve that and I see Spurs making the top four in place of Arsenal or even the rags

Spurs need two quality strikers, true, but they also need a season where their central midfielders remain largely injury free. They don't quite have the depth to compete for a top-four berth without this.

The importance of Bale needs no underlining.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.