Pub help

asgoodasitgets

Team supported
Team America World Police
There was a bar in what is now White City Retail Park and its doing my head in .
Big bar with crap hanging from the ceiling and walls .
Either my googling skills are pants or the whole episode was a figment of my imagination.
Help please !

There was a bar in what is now White City Retail Park and its doing my head in .
Big bar with crap hanging from the ceiling and walls .
Either my googling skills are pants or the whole episode was a figment of my imagination.
Help please !

I presume you mean the bar was there before the retail park ? wasn't it the greyhound track which was demolished to make the retail park ?

I presume you mean the bar was there before the retail park ? wasn't it the greyhound track which was demolished to make the retail park ?
No , it was well after the track had gone . mall that was left was the huge gates .
It’s now Curry’s or whatever but we used to go there on a Friday in the late 80s / early 90s . Gaaahhhh

No , it was well after the track had gone . mall that was left was the huge gates .
It’s now Curry’s or whatever but we used to go there on a Friday in the late 80s / early 90s . Gaaahhhh

Well it shows what old age does to you, I am from that area (well Urmston) and I just remember a derelict dog track being 'dozed so they could make White City. In fact …….. just looked it up...

'The stadium closed in 1982 and was demolished making way for the White City Retail Park that occupies the site today.' so you must mean they built a plastic nancy pub that was part of the retail park and as such it wasn't a pub at all, more like a youth club with shite beer. :-)

Well it shows what old age does to you, I am from that area (well Urmston) and I just remember a derelict dog track being 'dozed so they could make White City. In fact …….. just looked it up...

'The stadium closed in 1982 and was demolished making way for the White City Retail Park that occupies the site today.' so you must mean they built a plastic nancy pub that was part of the retail park and as such it wasn't a pub at all, more like a youth club with shite beer. :-)
It was ,yes .
Big place with all the shite that used to hang off the walls . Bikes and trombones and suchlike . Only reason I’m asking , we used to go in on a Friday and between 5 & 8 it was cocktail happy hour . Buy one , get two free .
But they were really really strong and we ended up in some states before sensible folk were even coming out

It was ,yes .
Big place with all the shite that used to hang off the walls . Bikes and trombones and suchlike . Only reason I’m asking , we used to go in on a Friday and between 5 & 8 it was cocktail happy hour . Buy one , get two free .
But they were really really strong and we ended up in some states before sensible folk were even coming out
BOGTF!!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.