Pub in town for the derby

Blue Maverick

Got to take the wife for a meal before we go watch Marie Carrie so the compromise is a bite to eat while watching the derby, any ideas where too watch in town with food.

The few times I've been to town to watch us it has not been great. Even on days when the rags aren't playing there seems to be plane loads of Irish guys cheering on our opponents and telling everyone how shite citeh are, putting down a club for the way the locals pronounce it. Bizarre, those Y'naard supporters.

Town hall tavern is good but expect anywhere to be very crowded. I'd advise going slightly further out if you can, or if you must stay in town check if you can book a table next to the telly. Black dog ballroom let me do that once, but iirc their beer isn't great and their garlic bread stays with you for a week.

Back when we were pretty toss I used to watch most of the away derbies at the Rising Sun in town. Pretty small but always about 50/50 blue/red and not too many knobheads (well, about 50% of the clientele!). Been a while since I've been in there though.

Back when we were pretty toss I used to watch most of the away derbies at the Rising Sun in town. Pretty small but always about 50/50 blue/red and not too many knobheads (well, about 50% of the clientele!). Been a while since I've been in there though.
Wouldn't go in there for a game, always seems like a big rag pub when I've been in (not for a game).

Maybe Turk's Head?

Got to take the wife for a meal before we go watch Marie Carrie so the compromise is a bite to eat while watching the derby, any ideas where too watch in town with food.
All Star Lanes, just off Peter St(and Deansgate) facing revolution de Cuba and what used to be bar 38. I used to be head doorman there and it's a great venue to watch the football. No knobheads in there. It's a bar/bowling alley/resturaunt and it'll be a safe place to watch it away from the rag dick heads.

the bier keller in the printworks but get there early. it has a big room for city fans and one for the enemy.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.