Pub recommendations City Centre

Wetherspoon pubs are shite. Someone asks me to meet them in one I tell them I will meet up when they have finished in there. There are plenty of pubs in town you can go to that don't play music.
I got told in Sinclairs now phones are banned.

All Samuel Smiths pubs are the same. No phones, cash only and weirdly a ‘swearing ban’.

It’s fucking stupid and it basically goes back to the owner of the chain being a self-indulgent bellend.

Cheap though.

I never carry cash or even my bank card these days (I use Apple Pay for everything) so haven’t been in one for years, they can get fucked. Move with the times, they can go bust for all I care.

Depends what part of town I'm in but usually frequent Cask (Liverpool Road), Crown & Kettle, City Arms or the Ancoats Seven Brothers. On match days have started doing New Islington Cask or Cloudwater, the only pub in the same block as a Tool Station!

All Samuel Smiths pubs are the same. No phones, cash only and weirdly a ‘swearing ban’.

It’s fucking stupid and it basically goes back to the owner of the chain being a self-indulgent bellend.

Cheap though.

I never carry cash or even my bank card these days (I use Apple Pay for everything) so haven’t been in one for years, they can get fucked. Move with the times, they can go bust for all I care.
Heard he shut down the one in Hale because he went in and people were on their phones in there (disclaimer: might not be true, I just heard it from someone). Was a good pub too, did a lovely chocolate stout

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.