Pubs not serving to U25's due to Covid

Xhavenjoe

Two pubs have barred everyone under the age of 25 amid fears that young people are behind a sudden surge in coronavirus cases.

The Oddfellows Arms in Sherburn-in-Elmet, North Yorks., and The Angel Inn in Sheffield, South Yorks., have said they will refuse to serve those aged between 18 and 25.

Seems a bit extreme. I know a publican has the right to refuse drink to anyone but this appears discriminatory.

Two pubs have barred everyone under the age of 25 amid fears that young people are behind a sudden surge in coronavirus cases.

The Oddfellows Arms in Sherburn-in-Elmet, North Yorks., and The Angel Inn in Sheffield, South Yorks., have said they will refuse to serve those aged between 18 and 25.

Seems a bit extreme. I know a publican has the right to refuse drink to anyone but this appears discriminatory.
Let’s hope that when this is finished the 17-25 year olds don’t go anywhere near the places.

I felt young at 40 out last night. It was perfect.

There was a DJ on the other week and the young ones looked awkward dancing etc. Smartphones everywhere. I also encouraged someone to go in to the toilet cubicle next time and do it in private. I could’ve been anyone.

I look forward to them bitching about the loss of income in future then - we can all piss ourselves laughing when they have to shut and isolate for 14 days because of middle aged customers testing positive. Daft fucking landlord reading and believing the papers that any increase in cases is solely among and down to the young.....

I don’t see that age category in any pubs I’ve been too.
normally 30+ blokes.

Yep , i was in around half a dozen Manchester city centre pubs and bars yesterday , and there didn't appear to be many people in any of them who were under25 ... although mine was admittedly a drinking session from 2pm-9pm, and it's probable that most of the younger fraternity hadn't even gone out by that time!

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.