Pulis to replace SAF???

schfc6

Having stood there last night in my ryanair style seating at the swamp, I couldn't help but notice United's clear and obvious similarities to Stoke.

Whilst their squad is far superior to Stoke, and each player has significantly better individual qualities than their Stoke counterpart there were so many similarities..

I rarely stand behind the goal, my season ticket is in the Colin Bell and I have been working away a lot so I rarely get to go to away games. Two I have been to, and had almost identical seats in are Stoke away and the swamp away.

I watch with interest last night, I saw City dominate possession, watched Silva, Nasri, Milner, Ya Ya, Clichy, Zabba and even Barry carry the ball better than any one United player.

I watched United go from front to back as quick as any Big Sam side, watched a talented RVP used as a battering ram against a very composed Nastasic, and at no point did I feel United were in control or in anyway superior to us.

Their style of get it forward quick, hitting long diagonals and working the channels was so similar in style to that of Stoke.
The way Giggs, Wellbeck, Twin A, Evra and even Rooney were obviously ordered to break up play with cynical fouls as soon as we went forward was almost embarrassing.

I was delighted to see us controle the game, play the ball on the deck, use quick movements and composure on the ball to forge considered and prolonged attacks.

We looked like scoring each time we went forwards, I can think at least 3 or 4 times where it took a last ditch toe to stop simple tap ins. We didn't have that many shots on target, but we were looking to create clear cut chances and often we were inches away.

I feel they've won the league, as their style of play, fast, direct and balls into the box combined with the players own abilities make them almost unstoppable against weaker and less organised teams. They will play Arsenal in a few weeks, Arsenal will control the game, create the better chances but will in no way have the defensive or physical strength to hold off their Stokey kick and rush, work the channels and load the box style.

I feel we are a much better football team, we play the right way and with a few key additions should be much better both domestically and on the European scene next year.

I was stunned to see the way United played, and having asked myself throughout the season, how are they so far ahead of us, I now know how. The speed in which they look to get forwards and load the box is almost Stoke like in it's approach, and is something that lesser teams will rarely combat, yet it's a style that stronger sides tactically, physically and mentally will often better..Recently they lost to us, Chelsea and Real Madrid but you can bet your life they will beat enough dross to make sure they win the league and with this style of play will always be a very tough nut to crack..

I think it's important not to get hung up on the points gap, or the media obsession with how far we are behind, and see the positives. We are set defensively for years to come, we have two of the best full backs in the league, my opinion the best keeper and the best centre half and the best young centre half around..
The difference in the two side is minimal, we have the better and more considered style of play, their style will wear you down and create mistakes, if a team is strong enough mentally to avoid those mistake or to take the game to United they will more often than not fail to win, just like last night.

If indeed we win the FA Cup and finish around the 83-86 point mark I will be quite happy. Whilst I agree that the summer was largely a failure in terms of instant success, I'd have to say what I've seen of Rodwell especially against Chelsea and Villa we have a real talent on our hands there and Nastasic is as good as I've seen. Without really knowing or realising it, we may well have strengthen our future more than we would have if we'd have signed RVP and won the league.

Basically I see us still as a work in progress, and the longer City stay under Mancini and maintain his philosophies we will iron out the blips against the weaker side and become the results machine that the shite are, but with a long term ability to beat both the lesser side and the top teams, where as I see United's Stokey approach as slightly limited and will more often than not be found wanting in the really big games.
If we develop a winning culture the way they have, then combine that with the way we play the game, I believe we'll win 3 or 4 titles in a row sometime very soon.

Re: Pullis to replace SAF???

I agree 100% regrading Utd/Stoke type of play. They put shit teams under pressure and make shit defenders make poor decisions.

They cross the ball constantly and generally it forces mistakes or deflections. Just look at how many Utd goals come from crosses, deflections or defender error. They have made stuffiness and art form

SAF? Come on! Its pisscan, shakin' bacon or old smelly scotch ****

schfc6 said:
Having stood there last night in my ryanair style seating at the swamp, I couldn't help but notice United's clear and obvious similarities to Stoke.

Whilst their squad is far superior to Stoke, and each player has significantly better individual qualities than their Stoke counterpart there were so many similarities..

I rarely stand behind the goal, my season ticket is in the Colin Bell and I have been working away a lot so I rarely get to go to away games. Two I have been to, and had almost identical seats in are Stoke away and the swamp away.

I watch with interest last night, I saw City dominate possession, watched Silva, Nasri, Milner, Ya Ya, Clichy, Zabba and even Barry carry the ball better than any one United player.

I watched United go from front to back as quick as any Big Sam side, watched a talented RVP used as a battering ram against a very composed Nastasic, and at no point did I feel United were in control or in anyway superior to us.

Their style of get it forward quick, hitting long diagonals and working the channels was so similar in style to that of Stoke.
The way Giggs, Wellbeck, Twin A, Evra and even Rooney were obviously ordered to break up play with cynical fouls as soon as we went forward was almost embarrassing.

I was delighted to see us controle the game, play the ball on the deck, use quick movements and composure on the ball to forge considered and prolonged attacks.

We looked like scoring each time we went forwards, I can think at least 3 or 4 times where it took a last ditch toe to stop simple tap ins. We didn't have that many shots on target, but we were looking to create clear cut chances and often we were inches away.

I feel they've won the league, as their style of play, fast, direct and balls into the box combined with the players own abilities make them almost unstoppable against weaker and less organised teams. They will play Arsenal in a few weeks, Arsenal will control the game, create the better chances but will in no way have the defensive or physical strength to hold off their Stokey kick and rush, work the channels and load the box style.

I feel we are a much better football team, we play the right way and with a few key additions should be much better both domestically and on the European scene next year.

I was stunned to see the way United played, and having asked myself throughout the season, how are they so far ahead of us, I now know how. The speed in which they look to get forwards and load the box is almost Stoke like in it's approach, and is something that lesser teams will rarely combat, yet it's a style that stronger sides tactically, physically and mentally will often better..Recently they lost to us, Chelsea and Real Madrid but you can bet your life they will beat enough dross to make sure they win the league and with this style of play will always be a very tough nut to crack..

I think it's important not to get hung up on the points gap, or the media obsession with how far we are behind, and see the positives. We are set defensively for years to come, we have two of the best full backs in the league, my opinion the best keeper and the best centre half and the best young centre half around..
The difference in the two side is minimal, we have the better and more considered style of play, their style will wear you down and create mistakes, if a team is strong enough mentally to avoid those mistake or to take the game to United they will more often than not fail to win, just like last night.

If indeed we win the FA Cup and finish around the 83-86 point mark I will be quite happy. Whilst I agree that the summer was largely a failure in terms of instant success, I'd have to say what I've seen of Rodwell especially against Chelsea and Villa we have a real talent on our hands there and Nastasic is as good as I've seen. Without really knowing or realising it, we may well have strengthen our future more than we would have if we'd have signed RVP and won the league.

Basically I see us still as a work in progress, and the longer City stay under Mancini and maintain his philosophies we will iron out the blips against the weaker side and become the results machine that the shite are, but with a long term ability to beat both the lesser side and the top teams, where as I see United's Stokey approach as slightly limited and will more often than not be found wanting in the really big games.
If we develop a winning culture the way they have, then combine that with the way we play the game, I believe we'll win 3 or 4 titles in a row sometime very soon.
Excellent post mate please forward to diddly Dave thanks

Blue Hefner said:
I agree 100% regrading Utd/Stoke type of play. They put shit teams under pressure and make shit defenders make poor decisions.

They cross the ball constantly and generally it forces mistakes or deflections. Just look at how many Utd goals come from crosses, deflections or defender error. They have made stuffiness and art form
Add Everton to that list. Two decent full backs who throw crosses in all day and they lump it forward, but to Fellaini rather than RVP. Which is why I think Moyes is nailed on for the rags as he understands their style perfectly. I sometimes even wonder if Baconface has been tutoring him so he can move over to them easily. Plus he's got our measure more than Baconface has.

They were basically a slightly more refined stoke last night.
Relying on physicality and long balls for attacking and fouls and lunging tackles defensively.

Good post. I was saying to someone last night that if we were playing Bolton they would have been slaughtered for only playing a long ball game at home and being too defensive. Utter shite.

Great post. City have by far the most measured stylish build up in the League. However I do believe we need a plan B as teams (Eeverton , Sunderland , QPR) successfully manage to park the bus when we play away from home. If we bought Gareth Bale we'd instantly have that ability to get in behind teams. It will be an interesting summer but I for one feel priviliged to be watching the football I am these days.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.