Putting Audio Books onto MP3 player

refmum

I'm having problems putting audio books onto my MP3 player. I have some on CD's which I would like to put on. It is fine when the book is just on one CD - I can transfer it without problems but when it is on more than one then I get them transferred to my player and all the different tracks are jumbled up together. Is there a way of doing it or will I have to rip each CD as a separate 'book'. Books downloaded from Audible are no problem. Player I am using is Creative Zen X-Fi. I have tried using Roxio Audio Books function but same thing happens.

Are you copying them over in CDA format or ripping then first? I would always rip them down to MP3 just to reduce the size of the files.

I Would rip the first CD and rename all the tracks in numerical order, i.e. 1, 2, 3. Once you do the first one then rip the next and continue the numerical sequence. I don't have trouble with tracks in the wrong order this way. Sounds simple so you've probably already done it but that's all I can think of.

Dally said:
Are you copying them over in CDA format or ripping then first? I would always rip them down to MP3 just to reduce the size of the files.

I Would rip the first CD and rename all the tracks in numerical order, i.e. 1, 2, 3. Once you do the first one then rip the next and continue the numerical sequence. I don't have trouble with tracks in the wrong order this way. Sounds simple so you've probably already done it but that's all I can think of.

Doh - never thought of that - must be having a sernior moment!! I thought because the chapters had names it would be OK but I will try re-numbering and see if that works. I've got one book that is 2 CD's but a couple of others are on 4 and even 10 CD's so will experiment with the 2 version first. Thanks.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.