Putting heatin on, with a disconnected radiator

scall11

Now then guys and gals.

This morning I took off a radiator to do some decorating. All went well with that, but the decorating's taking longer than usual to do. So with evening progressing fast, the radiator needs to be off a bit longer.

Would I be able to turn the heating on tonight with the radiator off?

My two concerns are:

1. That some pressure will build up and water will come out the pipes in the floor.
2. There's some inbalance of sorts and with a missing piece of the heating 'circuit', that some pressure will build up around the system and the top blows off!

Any comments?

yes you can put the heating on! If its a combi boiler it will have a pressure release valve and will safely discharge water outside if there is a press build up! If its not a combi it wont be a pressurised system so no bother there either!

scall said:
Now then guys and gals.

This morning I took off a radiator to do some decorating. All went well with that, but the decorating's taking longer than usual to do. So with evening progressing fast, the radiator needs to be off a bit longer.

Would I be able to turn the heating on tonight with the radiator off?

My two concerns are:

1. That some pressure will build up and water will come out the pipes in the floor.
2. There's some inbalance of sorts and with a missing piece of the heating 'circuit', that some pressure will build up around the system and the top blows off!

Any comments?
Where do you live?

If your in S Manc could you let me know before you turn the heating on please.

Then the kids and me can watch the explosion from our bedroom window

Yeah, think it's a combi. And course, the valve's are shut, so that's all good on that front. It's not a thermostatic, so no problems there, it's not that fancy! Might put the heating on now whilst I'm around just in case!

I've ripped off the skirting boards and half the wall's come off, so am mortaring (that's how bad it is!) the bottoms, and the timber yard's shut on a Saturday, so it will be Monday before I can get the skirting.

Cheers for the advice!

B n Q are open untill 8 for some emergancy skirting boards.

Smacks of excuses so you can pack up for the day and get stuck into some alcohol.

lol

B&Q don't sell the particular skirting boards that we're currently introducting into the skirting board departments of the residence (they're tall ones, so cover up the dodgy plasterwork where we've ripped off the old ones).

I'm also afraid to inform you that I chickend out, and the radiator's gone back in its place and is filling up nicely. I also could do with the heat from it to dry out the large amounts of mortar currently being slapped on the base of the walls to stop the walls collapsing in the absence of the material that was attached to the skirting boards!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.