Qatar 2022 official Emblem/logo

Discussion in 'General football forum' started by urban genie, 3 Sep 2019.

1. svennis

svennis

I'd prefer a Möbius strip, never liked beaches but enjoy heated discussions on postcolonialism.

2. BlueLook

BlueLook

When we are ignorant, we just rely on Murdoch media-driven lies and stereotypes.

3. SWP's back

SWP's back

Again you’re talking complete shite.

Why do you think you know better about what women HAVE to wear in Qatar than someone that’s lived here, with their wife, for seven years? You’re on a hiding to nothing.

4. jazzy

jazzy

Team supported:
    Manchester City
    Out of interest because I have never been to Qatar , are they more tolerant to non Qataries than to thier own citizens ?

5. SWP's back

SWP's back

Their citizens are treated like Demi-Gods. There’s only about 1/4m of them in a country where just shy of 3m people live.

They don’t pay tax, don’t pay gas, water or electric. Don’t have to make mortgage payments of properties they buy to let out when it’s unoccupied (helps keep rental prices high as you can buy 20 apartments and keep them all empty if you want). They have to be 51% equity holders in all businesses.

But they aren’t allowed alcohol licenses to buy booze for their own home although they can drink in licensed establishments so long as they’re not in national dress.

6. jazzy

jazzy

Team supported:
    Manchester City
    Cheers for that , I look forward to going to the world cup . The problem with how we see places is down to our media and piss poor understanding of other cultures/ beliefs

BosnianBlue likes this.
  7. Mad Eyed Screamer

Mad Eyed Screamer

I actually looked up a couple of visitor websites to Qatar and they said most beaches are owned by the hotels and there you can go and wear a bikini. But on the public beaches ie not owned by the hotels you cannot.
    They also said you shouldn't be showing your shoulders in public. Inside a night club is fine.
    I checked 3 traveller sites who all said the same thing.

8. Dubai Blue

Dubai Blue

Trust me, they're wrong. These sites spout the same nonsense about the UAE.

SWP's back and Mad Eyed Screamer like this.
  9. mac

mac

I wish there was a dress code in the UK. Fucking sick off fat bastard, well any bloke who thinks it right to have no shirt on in bars or pubs. Sweaty tossers. Oh look at Mi body I have a tattoo. Fuck off you neanderthal chimp.

BosnianBlue and Dubai Blue like this.
  10. Blue Hefner

Blue Hefner

I plan to go to the Qatar World Cup. I've never been to one before and a bit of winter sun will be an added bonus