Qatar 2022

The one that grates the most is the figure of 2,000 migrant workers having died since 2010 that I read the other day (Not in industrial accidents or falls of building sites, but all deaths including car accidents, drownings, heart attacks etc).

Well there are over 2,000,000 of them here. That’s one death per thousand over a 7 year period. Is that more or less people than one would expect to pass away out of so many in over two thirds of a decade?
I’ve never looked into the stuff that gets mentioned by our media regarding migrant deaths in the Middle East. I’ve always thought they must twist the figures to make out like the stadiums are going to be graveyards. I’m not saying I agree with the World Cup being in Qatar, but to me it’s not being reported on fairly.

The World Cup should go to different parts of the world, I don’t think I’m wrong in saying this but a lot of sports in the Middle East are starting to get very popular.

One of the elements of disinformation used by the Yooman Rights brigade is to neglect to mention that the figure of deaths of foreign nationals is ALL deaths, regardless of cause. If you're an accountant from India and have a fatal cardiac arrest then that's counted in their deaths figure.

The Qataris are collecting figures for deaths on construction sites but I'm not sure I'd trust those any more than the other side's figures, as they apparently only include actual deaths from construction accidents but exclude deaths from indirect causes such as heat exhaustion.
I wouldn’t have thought too many die from that. Obviously I’ve left but for six months of the year, no outside work uncovered is allowed to be done between 10am and 4pm to protect workers (they usually work through the night hours which was a joy). Qatar have spent an absolute fucking fortune on implementing western H&S.

I still don’t think it should have ever been awarded the World Cup but as with Liv Golf, the British press pack including cunts like Delaney and Harris make me want to vomit.

USA 94 was the WC I hardly watched. Games over night and England didn’t qualify.

It'll be shite when it’s there in 2026 too.
I was really in to USA 94. It was the year of my A Levels so was generally up really late and with no England I just followed the interesting teams. That comp was a classic for teh neutral - so many stories - The mexican crazy keeper, Roger Miller, That Nigerian team with the big lad up front, Romania were crazy good with Hagi on the left wing. Italy and DiBaggio spooning it over the bar with a shit hair cut. Brazil. Brilliant.

I was really in to USA 94. It was the year of my A Levels so was generally up really late and with no England I just followed the interesting teams. That comp was a classic for teh neutral - so many stories - The mexican crazy keeper, Roger Miller, That Nigerian team with the big lad up front, Romania were crazy good with Hagi on the left wing. Italy and DiBaggio spooning it over the bar with a shit hair cut. Brazil. Brilliant.
Only problem having world Cup in America is Americans know absolutely fuck all about football

I was in Germany when Bulgaria knocked them out.

That was a fun night.

Reactions: mat
Only problem having world Cup in America is Americans know absolutely fuck all about football
They'll be plenty of nice looking women there. They know much more about "soccer" than men. The men just get bored shitless because there's no Doritos commercials and the scores arn't 56-53.

There were lots of fantastic games. It was let down by a shit final.

Was the year I did my alevels too

#funfact

There were lots of fantastic games. It was let down by a shit final.

It was let down by Franco Baresi giving an absolute masterclass in defending, despite not being fully fit.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.