QF Lge cup at Barnsley Dec 1981, any memories of that night

Crikey ... 31 years ago !

I was there that night amongst our 9,000 fans on that open end at Oakwell , was a bit of a crush !

Think the crowd was around the 34,000 mark , and they got just over that in the following round too against Liverpool ... but I can still see Aylotts goal that put us out , as clear as day in my mind ..... a typical centre forwards header from a raking cross.

Was a trifle on the rough side outside too , on the way back to the station , as we passed underneath a bridge with hundreds of them on one side of the road , and us on the other ... i'm sure some of them were probably Leeds fans too in disguise !

Was that the Barnsley away where the train got shot at on the way home?

Yes, SHOT AT, those were the days, when you went away you didn't know what might happen

ellibb said:

Yes, SHOT AT, those were the days, when you went away you didn't know what might happen

They were shooting at the train , and lobbing bricks onto the station platform hoping to injure City fans .....

I was there,

Great atmosphere. was it like 35,000 there that night or am i just old and stupid

black mamba said:
ellibb said:

They were shooting at the train , and lobbing bricks onto the station platform hoping to injure City fans .....
Well; I suppose it made a pleasant change from their normal pastime;

y6EjpWd.jpg

Tbilisi said:
Didsbury Dave said:
Didn't we play Barnsley at home in the FA cup 5th round about 15-20 years ago? Won about 3-0?

Yes,2-0 I think,one of their fans,in his 50s,ran onto the pitch after the ball,pissed as a fart.
Was it 93, the game before we lost to spurs in the quarters? Beat qpr in the 4th round? I reckon that was it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.