Question about using Sky Go (someone else's account)

Stuuuuuu

Chaps, I hope you can help me out.

Someone gave me their login details for Sky Go and asked me to watch a programme online (this is all linked to my job). Anyway, I 'noticed' that I am able to watch the Sky Sports channels, which is nice.

But now I'm a bit paranoid.

If I can watch those channels, does that mean the account holder has subscribed to them? Or does Sky Go let you watch anything, but then charges you for it? In other words, is there any way I could get any negative comeback if I watch those channels using the other person's account?

Cheers.

Stuuuuuu said:

Someone gave me their login details for Sky Go and asked me to watch a programme online (this is all linked to my job). Anyway, I 'noticed' that I am able to watch the Sky Sports channels, which is nice.

If I can watch those channels, does that mean the account holder has subscribed to them? Or does Sky Go let you watch anything, but then charges you for it? In other words, is there any way I could get any negative comeback if I watch those channels using the other person's account?

Cheers.

Sky go allows you to watch what the subscriber pays for.

So I am on the whole package and can watch everything on my laptop and my lads xbox.

It's free and you can add and remove up to 2 items per month. So if next month I want to watch Sky on my ipod I either have to remove my xbox or laptop.

It doesn't cost a penny.

St Helens Blue (Exiled) said:
Stuuuuuu said:

Cheers.

So I am on the whole package and can watch everything on my laptop and my lads xbox.

It's free and you can add and remove up to 2 items per month. So if next month I want to watch Sky on my ipod I either have to remove my xbox or laptop.

It doesn't cost a penny.
This is bullshit. Your friend is going to be hit big time for this if he's not a scriber.

Thanks for the info, gents.<br /><br />-- Sat Oct 13, 2012 10:22 pm --<br /><br />
Gaylord du Bois said:
This is bullshit. Your friend is going to be hit big time for this if he's not a scriber.

Grrr, don't do this to me! I have a heart condition.

Gaylord du Bois said:
St Helens Blue (Exiled) said:
Stuuuuuu said:

Cheers.

It doesn't cost a penny.

It's not at all as I tested it. We don't have movies and tried to put it on my lads xbox. He couldn't do to and it told him to contact sky for upgrade options.
I will clarify again Stuuuuu. You can watch what your friend pays for on his account for free. It cost fuck all

Stuuuuuu said:
Thanks for the info, gents.

-- Sat Oct 13, 2012 10:22 pm --

Gaylord du Bois said:

Grrr, don't do this to me! I have a heart condition.
Well you should've thought about that first. But oh no not you Mr.Greedy Bollocks.
Well your friend's done for now,especially when his Mrs get the babestation bill through Sicknote.

Although I've never used it myself my understanding of it is on sky go you can watch whatever the subscriber pays for when you are logged in with his details. It obviously won't cost you and it won't cost the subscriber any more as he's already paying for the services. Just like on your home wireless network anyone can use it if they have the password.

Btw, if anyone wants to pm me your login details so I can watch the footy feel free! :)

I use my dads to watch the footy, whatever he subscribes to I can watch, don't confuse it with Now Tv, which is available from SKY, that is when you have to subscribe seperately to watch things over the Internet. Your friend will not be charged a penny, you are basically mirroring what he can get, you can use upto 2 devices, I use my iPad and my brother at his house uses his Xbox to login in, so 3 of use are using one subscription.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.