Question re Dublin for historians

Thaksinssoldier

Ok here's a fun one ahead of the supercup:

City played shelbourne in Dublin during the Kendal/Reid era.

It was my first city game and I remember very little of it.

Here's what I do remember:
4-1
Curtis Fleming had a trial for city and gave away a penalty.
Niall Quinn played.
Hendry played with steve Redmond at the back.
Redmond scored a cracker where he ran from his own box at full speed to get onto a cross.

Anyone remember the other scorers or anything else about this game?

Dalymount Park July 1991, City played Bohemians. We won 1 nil. Hendrey was on his way out and we sang 'You can shove your keith Curle up your ass' Anyone remember?

I remember being at both games (just about)

The Shelbourne game was part of the 3 team tournament with the now infamous Celtic game being the other one.

I have to admit I was completely pissed at this game so I cant remember much at all. I knew we had won but that's about it. Thanks for letting me know it was 4-1!

The Bohs game at Dalymount was the last game of a tour of Ireland that took in Limerick and Galway along the way. It was a very enjoyable tour. From this game I remember Quinny missing a penalty which barely reached the keeper.

We've had some great times in Ireland and I hope this summer is just as good. If you can't enjoy yourself in Dublin then you're doing summat wrong!

Thaksinssoldier said:
Ok here's a fun one ahead of the supercup:

City played shelbourne in Dublin during the Kendal/Reid era.

It was my first city game and I remember very little of it.

Here's what I do remember:
4-1
Curtis Fleming had a trial for city and gave away a penalty.
Niall Quinn played.
Hendry played with steve Redmond at the back.
Redmond scored a cracker where he ran from his own box at full speed to get onto a cross.

Anyone remember the other scorers or anything else about this game?

A load of us went over the weekend.

The tournament was played at Shelbourne but they weren't one of the teams. It was a League of Ireland side under a sponsored a name (the Irish Gas Board or something similar) iirc who we played first. We flew over on the Friday, so had been on the piss all day and only have very vague memories of that game - no idea of the score or who played.

A very eventful weekend ;-))

Some City friendlies in Ireland...

14/8/90 Shelbourne 1-4 City (Heath, Quinn, Hendry, Redmond)
16/8/90 Cobh Ramblers 0-1 City (White)

2/8/91 Cork City 0-1 City (Quinn)
4/8/91 Limerick City 1-4 City (Brennan, Clarke, Heath, Sheron)
6/8/91 Bohemians 0-1 City (White)

12/5/92 Limerick City 1-3 City (Quinn, Mike 2)

18/7/92 Irish League 0-3 City (Flitcroft, Mike 2)
19/7/92 Celtic 3-1 City (Sheron)

You are a legend!not only have u gotten the scorers but you've told me the date I became a city fan :-)

I was at Tolka Park for the game against Celtic on 19/7/92 and that was my second City game, remember getting very drunk in bar in main stand.

Yes we played Wimbledon on the saturday, then played in Ireland on the monday, it was a bank holiday in Ireland for st. Pats day, just done a day trip by ferry from Holyhead, all day on the piss with a football game in the middle, a good trip

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.