Questions for the “give Hughes time mob”

Mike B

First post………..
Hello fellow blues…………
Can any of the “give Hughes time mob” give me an answer to the following questions
Have you seen anything in Hughes performance as a “manager” (and I use that term loosely) that shows he is capable of carrying out ADUG’s remit of building a team capable of breaking into the top four and eventually winning the premier league.
What would you be saying “give Hughes time” if we didn’t have all this money to spend in January?
What would you class as “turning things around” escaping relegation?, A top half finish?, a decent cup run ?, 3 points?,

One more thing why does everyone who makes a list of the ones who can be classed as a Hughes player never mention Dunne? He might not have signed him from another club but he gave him a new contract, worth, correct me if I’m wrong, £52,000 per week and that is as good as signing him from another club.

Gave Johnson a nice new fat contract to gamble away as well (allegedly).

What worries me about Hughes is that he's supposed to be good at getting average players to improve and perform (Stephen Ireland is an improved player because of his own determination) but it hasn't happened at City we've gone backwards.

Like you said without the money we'd be seriously fucked with him leading us through until May. And putting the Rag issue to one side that is the reason why I don't want him here anymore.

i'm as pissed off as anyone about this season. and hughes. but and that i a big but who would city get instead? forget jose. he'll go to the swamp when taggert leaves or dies of alcohol poisining. so realistically who are we talking about. the likes of curbishley or what? bilic would be good for some people but no experience of managing a club. hiddink. not sure same problem with premiership experience. whilst i am certainly not a fan of hughes so far you have to say he can't do much about micahs from this season. and dunne to some extent. or the fact we don't have a goalscorer. wtf is it with jo. saw clips of him scoring for fun in sunny russia so the weather isn't the problem. yet he looks clueless. ditto caicedo. ok 2 goals in 2 games but i will bet if he starts the next 3 you will all be saying correctly how crap he is. we have had an uncanny ability to ruin previously good strikers for years. don't know why but going back to mick channon for you older people it always seems to happen. rambling on a bit i know but just can't see any good ending to this. who the hell is going to sign for city in january. never mind how much money we can pay them they just ain't going to want to come to a club in this state are they. i'm totally pissed off pissed and just hoping i wake up tomorrow to find out i am so wrong and mourinho has after all swapped champions league and possible italian title for sorting out this mess.

mancyman said:
i'm as pissed off as anyone about this season. and hughes. but and that i a big but who would city get instead? forget jose. he'll go to the swamp when taggert leaves or dies of alcohol poisining. so realistically who are we talking about. the likes of curbishley or what? bilic would be good for some people but no experience of managing a club. hiddink. not sure same problem with premiership experience. whilst i am certainly not a fan of hughes so far you have to say he can't do much about micahs from this season. and dunne to some extent. or the fact we don't have a goalscorer. wtf is it with jo. saw clips of him scoring for fun in sunny russia so the weather isn't the problem. yet he looks clueless. ditto caicedo. ok 2 goals in 2 games but i will bet if he starts the next 3 you will all be saying correctly how crap he is. we have had an uncanny ability to ruin previously good strikers for years. don't know why but going back to mick channon for you older people it always seems to happen. rambling on a bit i know but just can't see any good ending to this. who the hell is going to sign for city in january. never mind how much money we can pay them they just ain't going to want to come to a club in this state are they. i'm totally pissed off pissed and just hoping i wake up tomorrow to find out i am so wrong and mourinho has after all swapped champions league and possible italian title for sorting out this mess.

I would rather have no manager
Look at Sunderland since the Pikie left

Blue2112 said:

What worries me about Hughes is that he's supposed to be good at getting average players to improve and perform (Stephen Ireland is an improved player because of his own determination) but it hasn't happened at City we've gone backwards.

Like you said without the money we'd be seriously fucked with him leading us through until May. And putting the Rag issue to one side that is the reason why I don't want him here anymore.

Why is EVERYTHING shit that happens Hughes's fault, and anything positive at the club that happens NOTHING to do with him? The guy's got no chance with that attitude.

interpol said:
Blue2112 said:

Why is EVERYTHING shit that happens Hughes's fault, and anything positive at the club that happens NOTHING to do with him? The guy's got no chance with that attitude.

Is hughes the one telling Ireland to get up before 7:30 in the morning to do martial arts traning & running. No it fucking isnt its Ireland working his cock of his own initiative.

mancyman said:
whilst i am certainly not a fan of hughes so far you have to say he can't do much about micahs from this season. and dunne to some extent.

Why not, getting the best out of players is supposed to be a managers job.

i guess what i mean mate is dunne has been player of the year for past 4 seasons. nobody expected him to be so poor this season. and i'm sure i wasn't the only one worried that richards may have gone to the swamp in the summer. he was looking like a great player in the making. i understand that the manager should be getting the best out of his players but both of these two seem to be in a hell of a slump. i certainly haven't got the answers. when you add elano and jo who both seem to be good enought for brazil but crap for us my head starts to hurt. ffs. i have been supporting them for 50 years so i haven't got long left so see a great city team win anything.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.