Queues

Fair enough if people need bags if they are travelling but i’m sure them bags could be put into a locker outside for 90 minutes and just carry essential medication etc in pockets?

I think they'd still be serached to put in lockers, leading to queues at lockers! Otherwise people could block up the lockers eh..
Btw we with our bag don't add to queus as we try and get in 60 to 90 min before kick off.

The queues are ridiculous. Agree with what's already been said as well RE- bags. There should be a bag line separate to everyone else to speed things along. Alternatively a big bank of lockers for people to leave them in pre game and ease the queues at the turnstiles (like they have at theme parks).

I also know that they have to be seen to be doing something "security wise" but really it does nothing except delay people, and actually creates a giant easy target for any attack they're trying to thwart. Massive pain in the arse all round.

The queues are ridiculous. Agree with what's already been said as well RE- bags. There should be a bag line separate to everyone else to speed things along. Alternatively a big bank of lockers for people to leave them in pre game and ease the queues at the turnstiles (like they have at theme parks).

But there IS a bag lane at each set of turnstiles, all of last season they even had a big sign "bag lane" for one of the 4 lanes at B1, and another sign for one of the 4 lanes at B2.
There were bag lanes yesterday at B1 and B2, though they forgot to have the actual sign, people with bags were made to leave the lane they were in when they got to the steward to then rejoin the bag one.

And bags would need to be searched to put in lockers. Leading to queues there, though i guess those bagless couldn't give a shit!! ;)

It's hard to believe that all parts of City's business are not regularly monitored for efficiency and flow. Queues are a disaster for any business but many are still stuck in the dark ages when they assume queues mean customers. Queues mean one thing and lead to one thing; poor business planning and missed sales from pissed off people.

Anyone who has worked in production knows that time waiting is poor strategy and City really need to sort this out. Security checks need to be randomised and currently they're not even done in anyone claiming to be under 16. The entrances need to be allocated in numbers proportional to the seats they service and if that needs more building then so be it. Drinks should be allowed to be taken on the terrace and this would encourage people to take their seats and free up the concourse area. Most of all though far too many of our supporters still view attending the game as a pub crawl main course with little thought to the football desert.

Clearly staff no shows and stock shortages don't help, but absolute basics like non activated or non arrived seasoncards is the stuff of amateurs. FFS City, sort it out.

What do people have in these bags?

I don't like having to bring a bag to the match and my guess is nobody else does either so I don't know why we can't give people the benefit of the doubt and assume there's usually a good reason. The price we pay for tickets I don't think it's a big ask of the club to get better processes in place for getting people checked and in the ground more quickly. I had to move from Manchester and I travel 200 miles to games. That means i'm often carrying a bag with clothes in it for the weekend and usually i'm either coming straight to the ground from arriving in Manchester or having to leave for the station straight from the game.

My dad has to bring a bag to games because he has a colostomy bag and has to carry stuff around in case he needs to change it and/or clean himself up.

People have all kinds of completely valid reasons as to why they might have to bring a bag with them.

I don't like having to bring a bag to the match and my guess is nobody else does either so I don't know why we can't give people the benefit of the doubt and assume there's usually a good reason. The price we pay for tickets I don't think it's a big ask of the club to get better processes in place for getting people checked and in the ground more quickly. I had to move from Manchester and I travel 200 miles to games. That means i'm often carrying a bag with clothes in it for the weekend and usually i'm either coming straight to the ground from arriving in Manchester or having to leave for the station straight from the game.

My dad has to bring a bag to games because he has a colostomy bag and has to carry stuff around in case he needs to change it and/or clean himself up.

People have all kinds of completely valid reasons as to why they might have to bring a bag with them.

I wasn't arguing it, I was curious what people have in their bags and the numbers to cause the queues for the searches. Something better needs to be in place and it is crazy that after a long time with these issues they are still as bad as ever.

The upshot is, the club are required to search fans before they enter, all be it too slowly and with bits of kit that don't actually pick jack shit up, I had a huge bunch of keys in my pocket and it didn't bleep. Next home game, I'm going with a large lump of metal to see if that's picked up, I doubt it...?!
Seriously though, I arrived at N2 about 40 minutes before kick off, there was a queue of around 50/60 people which is fine, as it was moving quickly for the 4 turnstiles.
I had to wait for my father (I had his season card), who passed me on Ashston New Road driving his car, around 30 minutes before kick off.
We met with 20 minutes to kick off, but the N2 queue was now out onto the pavement and down the road, with people trying to queue jump, push through it, and it was carnage.
The club always advise to arrive early, because of searches, but huge numbers of fans continue to arrive with less than 20 minutes to go before kick off, and continue to arrive up to and beyond kick off, then blame every fooker else for the shambles.
2 season ago we could stroll up to N2 with 20 minutes to go, and we walked straight in, now, in conjunction with the searches, the club must have moved fans to other turnstiles to gain entry. We could also enter R turnstile at one point, up the turret thingy ma bobs, but not now...?!
So, arrive earlier is the answer I guess...

Yesterday I realised I was in the queue for the resident arsehole to search me, the other lines were progressing well but Mr Akward had to search, re search and generally piss off each mug ergh customer so i did what I do at the airport, I empty my pockets.Had a tee shirt and shorts on, no hat and no bag, I had cash, my phone and my wallet in my hands. 'What that in in your pocket' (even though there had ben no beep.) 'Nothing I said it is empty' He insisited there was so i pulled out the lining to show him, he then checked my other pocket with the wand, "whats in there ?" Now this is where I accept i made a slight mistake, I swore, in frustration whilst again pulling the lining out I said 'For fucks sake there is nothing in my pockets; He suddenly turned all saintly 'Don't you swear at me, there's no need to swear' on and on he went.
Eventually the boss came over and told him to let me through.

City it is a joke, I know they have a job to do but not this way.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.