Queues

Strangest thing...if you arrive by tram, they now have barriers that force you into the crowd coming up from the gas works...where’s the logic?
I have had enough of that, next home game I am going over it even though I am 75 years old.

Asked one of the security guys what it was all about and he just shook his head and said he thought it was stupid.

Even at the SL Grand Final at Old Trafford (that I try and go to every year) you get free Metrolink travel with your match ticket.

Didn’t we actually do this for the Celtic game a few years back?

I go to the SL final every year and never knew that Metro travel was free? Assume that is from City centre to OT and back (I tram in from Brooklands)

Celtic was supposed to be a 2 ring system. Didn't see any evidence of that and ending up speaking like Nicola Sturgeon after being surrounded by hordes of our Celtic cousins in EL3.

With the imminent arrival of the CoOp arena, there really needs to be some thought given to improving the transport around the stadium.

Strangest thing...if you arrive by tram, they now have barriers that force you into the crowd coming up from the gas works...where’s the logic?
I think it’s to take you past the people doing the Covid spot checks.
Having to funnel round to go past them seemed daft as they weren’t checking anyone anyway and in fact put people in closer proximity to each other so it was counterproductive.

I go to the SL final every year and never knew that Metro travel was free? Assume that is from City centre to OT and back (I tram in from Brooklands)

Celtic was supposed to be a 2 ring system. Didn't see any evidence of that and ending up speaking like Nicola Sturgeon after being surrounded by hordes of our Celtic cousins in EL3.

With the imminent arrival of the CoOp arena, there really needs to be some thought given to improving the transport around the stadium.
Everywhere mate, I go from Alty.

I think it started for the 2016, maybe 2017, final.

I think it’s to take you past the people doing the Covid spot checks.
Having to funnel round to go past them seemed daft as they weren’t checking anyone anyway and in fact put people in closer proximity to each other so it was counterproductive.

They aren't happening yet as it hasn't been agreed with the premier league. It's a wind up after climbing up all those stairs to get even more of an unnecessary walk added on that takes you away from where you want to go.

In Germany you’d have an endless supply of free trams and buses in and out of the city centre to the stadium. There’d be no other traffic allowed; buses and trams would run from all four points of the compass across the city. We have a system currently where 4 cones are erected to allow one car per hour prevent a whole flow of buses and trams getting into the city centre. The big wigs at City and the council don’t give a fuck; they don’t use the bus or tram. I’d frogmarch them onto the bus or tram after a game and see how they got on. It’s fucking shite. And it doesn’t have to be.

Why should the taxpayer fund your travel to and from the game? It’s right that there is a charge and it isn’t free.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.