Quick Source Question.

Aussie!

Now just quickly, as im from australia and dont know much about English papers, what newspapers would you say are reliable sources and who are not? Ive heard the mirror are are full of shite lol. I dl the revista xtra podcasts with; with Guillem Balague and Graham Hunter who are the only geniune ITK's I know of.

Under Thaksin, The Mail was City's unofficial official mouthpiece. Although things have been tightened up somewhat since then, they must still have one or two sources at the club.

Other than that, the rest of the media knows fuck all. Certainly steer clear of the mirror and the sun.

You're best off just checking on here to be honest.

Aussie! said:
Now just quickly, as im from australia and dont know much about English papers, what newspapers would you say are reliable sources and who are not? Ive heard the mail are are full of shite lol. I dl the revista xtra podcasts with; with Guillem Balague and Graham Hunter who are the only geniune ITK's I know of.

I'd believe more of what you read in the broads, rather than the tabloids.

Times
Independant
Express

Ricster said:
Aussie! said:
Now just quickly, as im from australia and dont know much about English papers, what newspapers would you say are reliable sources and who are not? Ive heard the mail are are full of shite lol. I dl the revista xtra podcasts with; with Guillem Balague and Graham Hunter who are the only geniune ITK's I know of.

Times
Independant
Express
The Express is as tabloidy as a newspaper can possibly get. A proper pile of steaming wank.

In my opinion, the broadsheets know no more than the tabloids. They just tone the hysteria down a bit and write in a more balanced way so that it seems more informed. It usually isn't though.

Ricster said:
Aussie! said:

Times
Independant
Express

the 3 papers, their ones you think are newsworthy?

Dubai Blue said:
Ricster said:
Aussie! said:

Times
Independant
Express
The Express is as tabloidy as a newspaper can possibly get. A proper pile of steaming wank.

In my opinion, the broadsheets know no more than the tabloids. They just tone the hysteria down a bit and write in a more balanced way so that it seems more informed. It usually isn't though.

Better reads though ;)

Ricster said:
Better reads though ;)
Yeah, they read slightly better but it's still mostly just uninformed, made up nonsense.

And if I want to read uninformed, made up nonsense, I'd rather just come on here ;-)

I'd normally steer well clear of the Neo Nazi Daily Mail - read by the 'hang em and flog em brigade' but they seem to give city a lot of coverage and certainly used to have an insider at the club.

nmc said:
I'd normally steer well clear of the Neo Nazi Daily Mail - read by the 'hang em and flog em brigade' but they seem to give city a lot of coverage and certainly used to have an insider at the club.
Yes, you should certainly avoid the front two-thirds of The Mail. Just stick to the back 5 or 6 pages and you'll be fine.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.