Quick Tech Question - Computer keeps turning itself off

Franny Lee's Barrel Chest

Just that really. Possible dust in the thing? I've dusted it all, as it was a bit dusty, but it keeps doing it...I'm running CCleaner, superantispyware and doing an Avast Antivirus check too....

Anything else cause this?

search for 'shutdown.a' in windows, run it and it is supposed to stop automatic shutdown for when overheating occurs, it might give you more time to solve ya problem.

Thanks so far folks.

I've looked at the error log and this is on it...not sure if it's connected or not...

The machine wide Default Launch and Activation security descriptor is invalid. It contains Access Control Entries with permissions that are invalid. The requested action was therefore not performed. This security permission can be corrected using the Component Services administrative tool.

Also

The KService service hung on starting.

Would this have any bearing on it? Last night it was ok and I ran the anti virus etc and it seemed ok, but then this morning it went off again after about an hour, and then went off twice when starting up, and thus far, it's staying on again...

BMR, couldn't find "shutdown.a" ...

By the way I'm on Windows XP Media Edition

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.