Quitting smoking

I'm an all or nothing sort and had to do cold turkey. This can be difficult if you share close living quarters with someone and worse on top of that if they quit at the same time, but I found any irritation goes after a few days.

I’ve gone from vaping probably 8 hours a day ( working from home has done that ) on top of 10 cigs a day to just 5 cigs. Must admit it’s giving me a head ache

My Cold Turkey was pre vapour

Bin it. Cold turkey. The best piece of advice I can give you is that you must tell yourself, over and over "I don't smoke". Every time you feel like caving in "I don't smoke". You're not quitting or trying to quit, you've stopped. Again, "I don't smoke".
If you want to stop, you will. If you don't, you won't.

Cold turkey,was about 17 years ago now,took me about 3 times to finally break the habit,id stop for a couple of months and end up going back to it.
Still very glad i stopped ,sometimes i have a recurring dream I'm back smoking and in the dream i hate myself ,literally hate myself for starting again.

Only need to stop alcohol now.

I had been smoking for 30 odd years, was at the end smoking 40 a day I knew I had to stop as I was going on a holiday to New Zealand and I couldn’t have done that flight if I was still smoking, so I used patches to start with then after a month quit them not had one since ,not saying it’s the best thing I’ve done because I did enjoy a smoke ,but I’m glad I did been three years now

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.