#3 | Rúben Dias - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guess that was me. There are some players that you just know, there’s something special about them. Let’s hope he keeps delivering for the next years and helps you get that UCL and many titles.
Genuine question: How’s Otamendi getting on? I saw he had a ropey start but I hope he’s doing well.

His passion for defending and enjoyment out of it is infectious. In a good way, the likes of Stones and Zinchenko are frightened of not putting in the work or they will get a slap from big Ruben.

Genuine question: How’s Otamendi getting on? I saw he had a ropey start but I hope he’s doing well.
Yeah, not a good start but since then he settled in nicely. In the middle of the chaos the club is right now, him, Vertonghen and Weigl are probably the only players that are performing as they should.
Obviously a downgrade to Ruben (expected), but he as the attitude and mentality that is lacking in the rest of the squad.
He’s already been captain in some games, at the beginning the fans were against it (being an ex porto) but because of his attitude compared to the others there’s no more criticism.

most dribbles completed with john stones, haha

It’s so important that our central defenders are comfortable carrying the ball and forcing opponents to come and engage them. It’d be ideal if they had a good long-shot on them too, really make people come out and close them down

Basically I just want Dias and Stones to both score goals like Kompany’s against Leicester

It’s so important that our central defenders are comfortable carrying the ball and forcing opponents to come and engage them. It’d be ideal if they had a good long-shot on them too, really make people come out and close them down

Basically I just want Dias and Stones to both score goals like Kompany’s against Leicester
which CB does that on a regular basis? That's why they play back there.

There is no way this is Ruben Dias. I have just re read the transfer forum.
That Ruben Dias , was a slow moving ,panic buying, mistake making disaster.
We do have some posters with skin like Nitrile, or memories of a dormouse.

Another great performance and Mr Stones must love him.

Apologies to those like @mccity and others who didn't fall into the trap.

which CB does that on a regular basis? That's why they play back there.

Right now you are absolutely correct, but in the same way that being a great passer was not previously required (or even desired) for defenders, I think the ability to beat a man and even shoot well from distance will become ever more attractive for the role

There is no way this is Ruben Dias. I have just re read the transfer forum.
That Ruben Dias , was a slow moving ,panic buying, mistake making disaster.
We do have some posters with skin like Nitrile, or memories of a dormouse.

Another great performance and Mr Stones must love him.

Apologies to those like @mccity and others who didn't fall into the trap.
I had to look over his transfer thread and double check my own posts; thank Christ I wasn't a miserable bastard for once

Some absolute gems in there though

I've already mentioned this once and held my hands up - I said the following when we were linked:

Looks like a Portuguese John Stones. Good on the ball but slow on the turn. Not sure he's the answer.

Well, in some ways you could say I was right... he is like a Portuguese John Stones ;-)

Thankfully my fears were unfounded and both him and Stones have been far from slow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.