#3 | Rúben Dias - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feel like the last few weeks he's been good, but outshone by his partner at the back (nothing wrong with that), but tonight he was mega, top top performance that.

Just an incredible player. I don't think his importance and influence can be overstated. Not to detract from Stones who has been equally fantastic, but Ruben's leadership and play from day 1 is unbelievable for a player his age (while moving to another country, from his boyhood club, during a pandemic, after starting the season there...I can go on). There's the odd frustrating goal but we rarely concede when he's playing, and we never concede more than once when he's in the lineup.

Signing of the fucking season, easily.

A few crucial blocks, I see his tendency to throw himself at the ball to block shots is slowly rubbing off on the side and it's very much needed, we've been way to passive defending our box letting teams get off shots. Could see tonight he took that bullying from Haaland in the first half personally and was determined to dominate him physically tonight. Won everything that came to him in the air. Didn't have all that much to actually do but that was a captains performance. Can't see it happening but for me he has to jump infront of KDB as Fernandinho's heir.
I agree, what a player he is!
The level of his play from the begining has been phenomenal.
He is commanding, always organising, leads by example and he's the most natural leader we've got. I luv Kev, but in my opinion Ruben should be our captain.

I can’t really recall a great deal that Dias did over two legs. But the fact that Haaland did almost nothing at all in 180 minutes is testament to what he did do!

Ruben Dias joins Man City
Ends Anfield curse
Ends UCL Quater Finals curse
Set the record for most wins in a row by an English team
Only team Haaland hasn't scored against in the UCL
Made Man City the best defensive team in Europe
12 Games away from Quadruple

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.