#3 | Rúben Dias - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Charm of the posters on the forum.

Only seen him a handful of times. I like watching Portugal for internationals. Has had a reputation for a while. Crazy to think he’s only 23.

Hopefully, he’s here for the long haul
I've never seen so many people against a signing on here like that though. I think he has the potential to be an even better signing than laporte has due to his leadership qualities.

Can’t speak for everyone but I feel a lot were worried about his pace.

The other night he handled Mbappé well. Looks like a leader already.

Lack of pace is only a real problem if you’re not a very good defender. Dias just looks like a defender, his body position is correct, he finds himself in the correct position more often than not, he can tackle and he is solid in the air. If these areas of his game weren’t up to scratch it wouldn’t matter if he was faster than Usain Bolt in his prime.

I've never seen so many people against a signing on here like that though. I think he has the potential to be an even better signing than laporte has due to his leadership qualities.
Ederson probably pushed him close. I remember the forum being full of people saying he'd be shit like Mangala and Javi Garcia, and that we should instead buy Pickford because his distribution is better and he's "premier league proven". It was a fun thread to be one of the few people who actually knew who Ederson was.

More than a good defender, we've needed a leader, and he provides that. Just needs to keep his own form up so he can carry on leading the rest of the defence as they've needed someone like that since Vinnie left

Average position showed him playing like a sweeper with Rodri walker and ake like a 3 in front of him. No need for pace if that’s how pep plans to deploy him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.