#3 | Rúben Dias - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still yet to really have anything to do in a blue shirt but I think that’s part of it. He’s not had much to do because he’s doing everything he should be doing, oozes concentration, assurance and conviction and if you give off that aura combined with the limited amount of the ball opposotion strikers see against us they’ve already halfway to giving up before they’ve had a touch.

He’s a threat in the air too, you can see he’s a target for crosses from corners which is a welcome change from aiming for the front mans knee, can see him chipping in with a few once he finds his feet.

Still yet to really have anything to do in a blue shirt but I think that’s part of it. He’s not had much to do because he’s doing everything he should be doing, oozes concentration, assurance and conviction and if you give off that aura combined with the limited amount of the ball opposotion strikers see against us they’ve already halfway to giving up before they’ve had a touch.

He’s a threat in the air too, you can see he’s a target for crosses from corners which is a welcome change from aiming for the front mans knee, can see him chipping in with a few once he finds his feet.

I don't agree he's not had anything to do (even though I agree with the general point you make as to why that is) - take that one on one today (where we got a goal kick when they should have had a corner). It was a precarious position that with him isolated 1 on 1 but when the player was running at him I had total confidence that Ruben would be fine, and he was (he was unlucky it came off his own leg and went out because he very nearly came out with the ball). He's been tested, is what I'm saying (though there will no doubt be bigger tests to come)

I think he's a class act. Brilliant under pressure, commanding, good in the air, good at one on one's, positioning looks good so far, vocal. He looks to be EXACTLY what we needed. I love him

Such a relief seeing teams play high balls and him and Laporte dealing with them easily. We gave Marseille no encouragement tonight (Compare that to otamendi and stones in previous seasons). Proper centre halves. Didn't give them a sniff. A rock solid platform to build attacks on again and again, and it killed the. Looks a rolls Royce of a centre half so far

Dias was a bargain at 60m. World Class tonight again and will only get better in the pep system.

This. I remember Mangala looking like a world beater on his debut against Chelsea, he scored an own goal in the following game(I think) and his head just went, looked shit scared almost every game after that.

Mental toughness for a centre half at this level is so important, and in Ruben we finally seem to have found a defender with a bit of attitude and confidence. At long last!
Yup - header against Hull as I recall. Great finish actually - just at the wrong end :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.