#3 | Rúben Dias - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was very, very upset when we signed Dias - it seemed to me as if we signed some 4th or 5th choice CB having failed to sign anyone else whom we were after.

I never heard of Dias and hadn't watched any of his games - so maybe my viewpoint wasn't in tune with reality.
====
Now that we've signed Dias - I couldn't be happier.

Dias is a leader - he's very physical and can bully opposing forwards - he's very vocal and can marshal our back line...

He's a gifted passer.

And on defense, he's extremely capable - taking a tactical foul when necessary, being in the correct position nearly always, and stopping offensive threats in the box with well-timed, non-foul tackles time and again; furthermore, Dias is very good in the air.
=====
WOW - might Dias be even better than Laporte? Maybe...
====
Early days still - and my assessment of Dias might be totally wrong - I thought that Mangala was the world's best center-back after his first performance in our side...
====
But Dias has play several games for us and has excelled in each of them.

Dias looks to be the real deal - our very best signing in several years.

Exactly my thoughts, I was extremely high on Kounde and would have been really happy with Koulibaly but I don’t see this. I hope he proves me wrong but he’s not better than John Stones (at his best). @bluesingh .

Its absolutely ridiculous. Its like we rather sign shit for what we only want to spend instead of going extra mile for top class player. @MeatHunterrr

Can’t help but think that this is a panic buy. @racecar

He makes Mangala look like Messi @SleepingBlueTiger

he has the same amount of brain cells as Otamendi @Kokonut1307

A Stones-Otamendi hybrid with heavy emphasis on the bad habits of those two. @Kokonut1307

Basically Stones. Absolute disaster of a signing if true. @sky_blue

Portuguese Otamendi @MeatHunterrr

I’d rather the club kept Otamendi and the £60m. @Homar

But the reality is that at this point he is not even better than JFE. Mangala level signing. I genuinely don’t understand how the fuck we are even linked with him. He’s the Leon Bailey of defenders. Hype for one season, but not actually really good. @sky_blue

and it goes on and on and on, there's a few on the thread who go way overboard, especially @sky_blue and @MeatHunterrr , who i asked if they had actually seen him play a number of times, he wouldn't answer, so i take that as a no.

i know its early in his city career ,but it seems we have made the right choice in dias, so well played city

It's funny in a way. I'm nearing 30 and this is the only time I've been so opposed to a big money transfer. I've backed every player we've signed in the last decade but so many of them turned out shite. Yet the one time I lose my mind, the player actually turns out to be world class. I was afraid that we were going to blow big money on another sub par CB and let emotions cloud my judgement. Looking back I'm happy that the Kounde and Koulibaly transfers fell through and we got this guy instead. He's everything we needed.

We deserve that bit of luck after others not working out...

He is giving off all the right signals to be top class and someone like that is the difference sometimes in winning (ask vinny) trophies...

Watched him marshalling Laporte like he had him on reins yesterday, which isn’t having a pop, just that not everyone can be leaders!

We haven't even seen him take part in the build up yet. He was involved in 45% of Benfica's goals last season.

Give him a couple of months to settle in, and we'll see a guy who's a serious creative force from the back as well. Sterling or Torres going to the right wing will probably help that a lot, Mahrez is too narrow and short, but Dias will ping balls into the channels for the other two.

This place will lose its fucking mind when the lad makes a mistake. Which he eventually will.

Absolute class though, the Dias/Laporte combo is what CB dreams are made of.
He hasn't been faultless,a couple of his wayward passes caused us issues,and the Antonio goal showed he isn't superman (or VVD ;-) yet i didn't see anyone losing their shit.

I'm struggling to see,at least potentially,a better partnership.

Reactions: TFC
He hasn't been faultless,a couple of his wayward passes caused us issues,and the Antonio goal showed he isn't superman (or VVD ;-) yet i didn't see anyone losing their shit.

I'm struggling to see,at least potentially,a better partnership.
Yes he already made a mistake against Porto most notably. But other than that, we’ve only conceded a fluke goal (Leeds) and a world class goal that’s also a fluke (West Ham). If that’s what it comes down to then that’s a major win for us. 75% of the goals we conceded before were because of our own stupidity.

Liverpool and Tottenham game will define him.. but I trust he would be a good asset to us . He is young and has a good attitude

Exactly my thoughts, I was extremely high on Kounde and would have been really happy with Koulibaly but I don’t see this. I hope he proves me wrong but he’s not better than John Stones (at his best). @bluesingh .

Its absolutely ridiculous. Its like we rather sign shit for what we only want to spend instead of going extra mile for top class player. @MeatHunterrr

Can’t help but think that this is a panic buy. @racecar

He makes Mangala look like Messi @SleepingBlueTiger

he has the same amount of brain cells as Otamendi @Kokonut1307

A Stones-Otamendi hybrid with heavy emphasis on the bad habits of those two. @Kokonut1307

Basically Stones. Absolute disaster of a signing if true. @sky_blue

Portuguese Otamendi @MeatHunterrr

I’d rather the club kept Otamendi and the £60m. @Homar

But the reality is that at this point he is not even better than JFE. Mangala level signing. I genuinely don’t understand how the fuck we are even linked with him. He’s the Leon Bailey of defenders. Hype for one season, but not actually really good. @sky_blue

and it goes on and on and on, there's a few on the thread who go way overboard, especially @sky_blue and @MeatHunterrr , who i asked if they had actually seen him play a number of times, he wouldn't answer, so i take that as a no.

i know its early in his city career ,but it seems we have made the right choice in dias, so well played city
Glad you did that. Only fair that people spouting absolute shite have their posts used against them.

Glad you did that. Only fair that people spouting absolute shite have their posts used against them.
All of those posters are on ignore for me, I have never seen any posts from anyone of them that is in the slightest bit positive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.