R.I.P Frank Worthington

I remember about 30 years ago Frank used to spend time on a Saturday at Phil Blacks designer clothes shop just off St. Ann's Square, telling stories about his time in the game. Always the gentleman, RIP.
Wow can’t believe it’s 30 years ago,I was always in there on a Saturday after and used to chat to Frank

Previous clubs: The Sandpiper (Manchester).
Fallowfield in the house!
Wonder who his best mate ‘The Earl of Openshaw’ was? Probably a nightclub drinking buddy
Pretty sure the ‘certain dishonourable board of directors’ will have been Liverpool. He was on the brink of signing for them but they changed their mind at the last minute and then circulated a rumour that he had failed a medical because he had a bad dose of VD

Superb footballer who, like many of the entertainers of that era, barely made it into the rather functional England team of the time. I think it was only while Joe Mercer was caretaker manager that Frank won most of his caps.

RIP

Here's an almost casual volley that I recall him scoring at Maine Rd

Neil McNab giving away the penalty.
Spot on about Joe Mercer and England

And the only time I ever saw him was in the bookies in Huddersfield town centre... wearing incredibly short adidas shorts!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.