R.I.P Gordon Banks

RIP. Sad news.

Best keeper in the world when I was a lad. My first (and indeed second) pair of goalies gloves were Gordon Banks ones.

One of the greats.

I remember selling these around 1970. State of the art at the time.

rbgkeh.jpg

Very sad news.

Gordon was an excellent goalkeeper; so good in fact, that Big Mal wanted to sign him for City at the time he left Leicester for Stoke . However, Sir Joe tried to do a deal and get him for less than Stoke's asking price of £50 000, and Gordon signed for the Potters.

I can just about remember the brilliant save from Pele, though I’ve seen it many times since.

I also remember the terrible car crash that led Gordon to end his career after losing the sight in one of his eyes.

A great 'keeper and a true legend of the game.

R. I. P. Gordon.

Without doubt the finest goalie I have seen,followed by Pat Jennings (could catch the ball with one hand,like fucking shovels the size of `em) and then Peter Shilton.I never had the good fortune to ever watch our two finest.

Yer fuckin' heretic, oakie! Yer must have seen Bert Trautmann! That save from Pele that Banks made and which has been lauded ever since, let me tell yer Trautmann would have caught it, one-handed!

R.I.P. Gordon. Did he save a penalty of Hurst in the league cup semi final. Then went on to win the cup ?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.