R.I.P Gordon Banks

R.I.P. Gordon. Did he save a penalty of Hurst in the league cup semi final. Then went on to win the cup ?

I’m sure you’re right, now that you mention it.

I remember my older cousin saying that it was a real rarity for a 'keeper to save a penalty.

I’m sure you’re right, now that you mention it.

I remember my older cousin saying that it was a real rarity for a 'keeper to save a penalty.

I,ve stopped being lazy in the semi Banks saved a Hurst pen that got Stoke to the final where they beat Chelsea 2 - 1.

Yer fuckin' heretic, oakie! Yer must have seen Bert Trautmann! That save from Pele that Banks made and which has been lauded ever since, let me tell yer Trautmann would have caught it, one-handed!
Hi mate.Nope never saw the "big man" unfortunately.1964 season was my first trip to Maine Road. Stevensons "Rocket" used to come our way yer know. ;)

poor old Gordon, its as if he was one of our own,,very very sad indeed, only 2nd to the king as my child hero, infact i'l give him 1st as i always wanted to be him in goal

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.