R.I.P Neil Young

2edz0g2.jpg

Neil and Alex Channon who has done so much on Neils behalf.Platt Lane around 2 yrs ago.

I met a girl who sang the blues
And I asked her for some happy news,
But she just smiled and turned away.
I went down to the sacred store
Where I’d heard the music years before,
But the man there said the music wouldn’t play.

And in the streets: the children screamed,
The lovers cried, and the poets dreamed.
But not a word was spoken;
The church bells all were broken.
And the three men I admire most:
The father, son, and the holy ghost,
They caught the last train for the coast
The day the music died.

Ive only just heard.
terrible, sad news.
I had the priviledge of meeting Neil under very mundane circumstances about ten years ago. I can honestly say he was one of the nicest, kindest, easy going people Ive ever met. I spent about an hour with him, listening to some great stories like, why he thought he didn't get the England gig,(piss funny but sad if anyone's heard it) and how George Best used to babysit for him.

I now feel I was fortunate enough to have thanked him face to face on behalf of every city fan who lived through that glorious era.

Once again, Thanks Neil :'o(

RIP mucker.

RIP Nelly !!

I can clearly remember when I was 12 years old we had just won the cup and it was time to return to school.
I lived in Burnage, Manchester and went to Ladybarn (which later became Burnage Lower School) in those days the schools we're full of City fans with a sprinkling of Reds and then play time.
Of course we all wanted to be Neil Young and emulate the winning goal I managed to become Nelly for that brief moment in my life trying to replicate that winning goal, a goal was scored and the play ground erupted, " WE WON THE CUP! WE WON THE CUP !! E ! I ! ADIO !! WE WON THE CUP !! "
Neil Young and the players from that generation influenced mine and many other young mens lives so much. I am so proud I got to watch you Nelly, a fabulous player, a mancunian and City fan you will never be forgotton my thought are with your family.

Rest in Peace and thank you

Condolences to Neils family

RIP Nelly thank you for all the joy you brought me and many others we will not forget you

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.