RAC You are a bl**dy disgrace

oakiecokie

The wife and youngest daughter have been away for a week in Cornwall with the two dogs.
On the M6 by Junction 10 her van decided to completely grind to a halt but they were just coming up to Police Turn In Area so at least they were pretty safe.
This was at 7.00 pm last night.
Daughter phones the RAC "be with you in approx 45 mins".
Hour and a half later and a flat bed recovery vehicle arrives to take them to Staffordshire Services where a diagnostic will be carried out but NOT by the recovery vehicle.
Now I can understand that for H/S reasons not wanting to do any work on a busy M6 but I`ve just returned from Wolverhampton and saw more than one roadside recovery taking place.
9.30 and NO sign of anyone coming to look at the problem. So a call to RAC again. Be with you in the hour. No arrival, another phone call to the RAC
They cant find a flatbed recovery vehicle to take them home the rest of the way. But they didn`t want that, they wanted a diagnostic look to see if anything could be mended to allow them to continue their journey home.
RAC "we can book you into a hotel for the night or book a taxi home. If you leave the keys with someone at Stafford Services we will look at you van tomorrow and get it towed home". WTF !!!!" They had 2 dogs and a lot of personal belongings in that van, no way were they going to leave it unattended for that duration, so they declined and spent the rest of the night sleeping in the van and were told they were on priority list for an early morning get away.
8.00 am this morning and another phone call to the RAC ref time for someone to look at said problem.
Be with you in the hour !!
9.00 am and they receive a phone call from the Contractor to say he would be there for approx 10.00 am this morning to bring them home. So NO twat has even opened the bonnet to see what the problem is !!!
To add to more stress, the daughter then has to make an appointment once she`s back at ours for a Roadside Mechanic to check out the problem.
Yes my daughter has the full International and Home and Roadside Assistance Package and I too have Home & Roadside Assistance Package but NOT for much longer.
So they have, or will be, by the time they get home, been stranded for some 17 hours and this being for an OAP and younger woman !!!
Fellow Blue Mooners I will be taking this up with the RAC and probably the media to highlight the total incompetence of these morons.
... and breathe slowly Oakie !!!

Last edited:
Ive recently heard an RAC horror story too,again involving a mother and daughter a long way from home,a refusal to pay costs,and being passed around like a parcel.

Which company is actually worth their salt these days?

Anyone with experience of 'Start Rescue'?

Ive recently heard an RAC horror story too,again involving a mother and daughter a long way from home,a refusal to pay costs,and being passed around like a parcel.

Which company is actually worth their salt these days?

Anyone with experience of 'Start Rescue'?
Im with start rescue, had to get recovered from the M60 once. Was pretty quick I thought maybe an hour after the call.

Im with start rescue, had to get recovered from the M60 once. Was pretty quick I thought maybe an hour after the call.
Cheers,just had a quote of £65 for 12 months 'person' membership - seems excellent value

by any stretch, that is totally unacceptabe, in every way. Was a member for years, made sure the automatic renewal was defeated by cancelling membership, then finding a mobile promotion on supermarket carparks and rejoining, at less than half the cost. Absolutely typical of a once respected company that is now in the hands of private finance robbin' bastards.

They did something rather similar to a mate that had broken down at Birch services last year. He was there from 7pm till 11am the next day. Didn't prioritise him as he was in a ''safe'' area. Told him to check in to the Travelodge and they'd see him in the morning.

I've had to use them twice and haven't had a problem. Both times sorted out and back on road within a couple of hours. I think it really does depend where and when you breakdown.

Shocking Customer service!
They trying to be too cute with the logistics and ended up leaving 2 women in a vulnerable situation .
The recovery vehicle should have taken your wife and daughter home and do the diagnostic today on the drive ffs!
Service stations are full of thieves!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.