Racism in Football

Ban-jani

I think this now warrants its own thread.

There’s been further reports from the Spurs v Chelsea game of arrests for other incidents than the one to Rudiger.

What is causing it to creep back in?

What is the role of the authorities

What is the role of football fans in the ground and how can we help with the policing of this?

My point of view is that we need to stamp it out swiftly and come crushing down on these idiots.

There’s been further reports from the Spurs v Chelsea game of arrests for other incidents than the one to Rudiger.

What is the role of football fans in the ground and how can we help with the policing of this?

My point of view is that we need to stamp it out swiftly and come crushing down on these idiots.

Yeah, all the headlines were about the Rudiger abuse but just had something pop up on my phone about a Chelsea fan being arrested on suspicion of racially abusing Son.

Yeah, all the headlines were about the Rudiger abuse but just had something pop up on my phone about a Chelsea fan being arrested on suspicion of racially abusing Son.

Wembley are introducing high def cameras for you Euros to spot people.

We live in a world where sadly there will always be racism, but we live in a country which is extremely tolerant and welcoming

What we're seeing at English football stadiums is isolated bigoted individuals who are pissed (or coked up) and who are copying the more organised racist shit from countries such as Italy where there are whole sections of a football crowd involved in this disgusting chanting
57,000 at the Etihad the other week and one neanderthal has now got the other 56.999 labeled as racist because they were in the same football stadium

If an individual is found guilty of racist chanting, then they should be banned from all sporting stadia
But it is up to us decent human beings to police this and report anything we see or hear

Twenty odd years ago I went to the real Old Trafford to watch England vs Australia in the Ashes, Nassar Hussein was England captain at the time
I was at there with my Brother before the start of play and four young lads (17/18 ish) came in behind us and took their seats, one of which was, like Hussein, of Asian heritage
Some fooker shouted "Oi!! you've come to watch the wrong countries" to which there was plenty of laughing, including from my Brother. I said to hm "Do you think that was funny?" and his reply was something of it's harmless fun
That still grates on me now. especially as my Brother is one of the most aniti racist people you could ever meet
My real regret from that day is not actually standing up and calling out the racist twat who made the "witty" comment, but I didn't because I didn't want to draw more attention the the lad who was the butt of the joke

“What’s causing it to creep back in?” - thick impressionable idiots who have seen or heard of it going on elsewhere and have such a low IQ they copy what else they’ve seen and heard.

We live in a world where sadly there will always be racism, but we live in a country which is extremely tolerant and welcoming

What we're seeing at English football stadiums is isolated bigoted individuals who are pissed (or coked up) and who are copying the more organised racist shit from countries such as Italy where there are whole sections of a football crowd involved in this disgusting chanting
57,000 at the Etihad the other week and one neanderthal has now got the other 56.999 labeled as racist because they were in the same football stadium

If an individual is found guilty of racist chanting, then they should be banned from all sporting stadia
But it is up to us decent human beings to police this and report anything we see or hear

Twenty odd years ago I went to the real Old Trafford to watch England vs Australia in the Ashes, Nassar Hussein was England captain at the time
I was at there with my Brother before the start of play and four young lads (17/18 ish) came in behind us and took their seats, one of which was, like Hussein, of Asian heritage
Some fooker shouted "Oi!! you've come to watch the wrong countries" to which there was plenty of laughing, including from my Brother. I said to hm "Do you think that was funny?" and his reply was something of it's harmless fun
That still grates on me now. especially as my Brother is one of the most aniti racist people you could ever meet
My real regret from that day is not actually standing up and calling out the racist twat who made the "witty" comment, but I didn't because I didn't want to draw more attention the the lad who was the butt of the joke

Great post.

Off topic for this thread, but I also think the abuse of players and officials needs to be addressed.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.