Racism in Football

This is why we have innocent until proven guilty.

24 hour rolling.news and social media has people hung, drawn and quartered within 10 minutes of an incident these days.
With the guy at City I understand why people have formed an opinion, myself included (probably guilty, but couldn’t be sure, fwiw)

In terms of this incident, I fail to see how anyone can have formed any worthwhile view at this stage, given all the prevailing circumstances.

With the guy at City I understand why people have formed an opinion, myself included (probably guilty, but couldn’t be sure, fwiw)

In terms of this incident, I fail to see how anyone can have formed any worthwhile view at this stage, given all the prevailing circumstances.

It was off the back of Neville and his comments and it's why some of us challenged them.

Don't forget how the media work. They want negative and the want stories and calls for players walking off would give them just that.

Nearly 29 Million fans at games last season in England and Wales with 422 reported racist incidents. Reported, not found guilty, reported.

We have a tiny minority of fucking idiots but we don't have an issue that has warranted the last few days coverage imo and that will be especially true if it's revealed he didn't suffer racist abuse.

Think we have to accept that maybe the way we would like to view ourselves as a society isn't necessarily an accurate view of how we actually are. A certain percentage of the population is racist, and it seems there's not much we can do about it.

Indeed, before Sunday, I've never heard announcements against racist behaviour blaring out mid-game over the PA system anywhere else.

This isn't Spurs being great about anti-racism, it's that so many players complained to the referee that he felt he had to follow UEFA's anti-racism protocol which mandates announcements over the PA. The referee went to the 4th official and told him to make the announcement. Spurs had noting to do with it.

The fact that yours is the first stadium to need the crowd being told to not be racist isn't something to be proud of.

This isn't Spurs being great about anti-racism, it's that so many players complained to the referee that he felt he had to follow UEFA's anti-racism protocol which mandates announcements over the PA. The referee went to the 4th official and told him to make the announcement. Spurs had noting to do with it.

The fact that yours is the first stadium to need the crowd being told to not be racist isn't something to be proud of.

Fair enough re the new protocol. I wasn't a aware of that.

A shame, though, that you had to spoil your post with the unnecessary jibe at the end that wholly ignores everything else that I wrote.

Allowing petty club rivalry and point scoring to outweigh the serious issue of racism isn't something to be proud of.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.