Racism in Football

. Yet as i have just completed the census and looked in vain for a nationality that just described me as english and replied 'yes please' to the sex questions i tend to believe the more we try to celebrate our diversity the more racist we all become.

Is this part of your joke or are you actually blind?

FElVgDP.png

Last edited:
I disagree on the grounds that the discussion and issues surrounding immigration very much has shades of grey.....the people at the top are concerned about pisstakers and economical chancers,rather than genuinley asylum seekers in need of help.The two topics aren't at all linked IMO.

The reason we have social media inspired racism is because they can......these twats have the ability to be abusive without repercussion,and as long as platforms allow such by not effectively screening identity,it will continue,irrespective of any attempt to deflect the root cause.
It's definitely a bit of both though. Yes, social media allows people to hide behind anonymity when racially abusing people, but there have been increases in in-person racial abuse too. There have been more people willing to say it to people's faces in the belief that they're in a society where they are now the majority opinion. The Brexit vote saw a clear uptick in the number of reported cases of racial abuse, for example, with racists believing it was an endorsement of their opinion (not suggesting it was, btw).

In America recently, we've seen a wave of physical attacks on Asian Americans after a year of messages from the top that made very little effort to avoid blanket blame. Both are examples of people in charge believing they can use people's prejudices to gain political capital. I thought we'd got past that at least in the UK in recent decades (in terms of race/nationality at least), but it's reared its ugly head again. Yes there will always be racist people doing racist things, but there are definitely certain politicians who rely on whipping up hatred to gain power. Donald Trump was one. So was Nigel Farage. Boris Johnson wasn't, but he was happy to ride the hatred whipped up by others.

Is this part of your joke or are you actually blind?

FElVgDP.png

NIl4TgD.png
and yet i can't JUST describe myself as English ( or Welsh, Scottish, NI, British) we have to be sub divided even further - that is my point . Similarly, and in terms that may help you understand , i don't view City fans as white, black, brown , Plastic, Mancs etc we are just City fans all supporting one club, we have a common goal
My eyesight is fine but i am colour blind - true not a joke

and yet i can't JUST describe myself as English ( or Welsh, Scottish, NI, British) we have to be sub divided even further - that is my point . Similarly, and in terms that may help you understand , i don't view City fans as white, black, brown , Plastic, Mancs etc we are just City fans all supporting one club, we have a common goal
My eyesight is fine but i am colour blind - true not a joke

Yes, you can describe yourself as English. You just tick the box that says English.

It's a census, it's literally an exercise in categorisation, so if you're really offended by the fact there's dozens of options then you're looking for reasons to be offended.

Yes, you can describe yourself as English. You just tick the box that says English.

It's a census, it's literally an exercise in categorisation, so if you're really offended by the fact there's dozens of options then you're looking for reasons to be offended.
This survey is far more in depth than the previous ones, most of the race, colour, creed , sexual orientation questions will add up to the square root of fuck all in terms of producing anything of real benefit to the development of the country and its infrastructure. Job titles ok, job descriptions christ i'd have liked one! .
Back to the thread though I think Morgan Freeman was also of the opinion that to stop racism, stop talking about it. Simplistic viewpoint i guess when being asked about Black History month but i'd say it was a viewpoint i subscribe to, so i'll say no more and get me coat

UEFA and FIFA are a an absolute disgrace. Start making the clubs and countries play behind closed doors where these incidents are blatant and caught on tv.
So much for zero tolrerance.

More like …..when it suits.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.